Hi from Vancouver, BC

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
vlad_klanoff

Hi from Vancouver, BC

Post by vlad_klanoff »

Hello everyone,

for a long time was thinking about building a real fusor, but couldn’t find enough time to make any real progress. At least managed to read most of FAQs on the forum - I think I found the answers for all questions I had (sometimes even way too detailed info - nothing remained to explore on my own :))

I have decent knowledge/experience in a digital electronics, have done some limited HV stuff (mostly audio reproducing flybacks/Tesla coils). Physics was my favorite subject in the childhood (on a reasonably high level - everything is relative, of course)…

Decided to start with acquiring Voltronics XRC 60-N-60 power supply, currently in a process of adding voltage/current control/measurement parts. Not sure if/when I make any progress besides of that - free time is my biggest issue…

P.S. I’m aware of the current rule about using real name for the registration, but I don’t remember having this rule in place when I registered a long time ago…
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hi from Vancouver, BC

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome. There was no real name requirement a long time ago but there is one now; that said, do try and fix your posting name for the thread.

Not familiar with the power supply you mentioned so no idea on its suitability. Now that you have covered the FAQ's, do ask questions in the forum about equipment/methods so you get the correct equipment. Finally, do post you progress.
vlad_klanoff

Post by vlad_klanoff »

Dennis P Brown wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:43 am Not familiar with the power supply you mentioned so no idea on its suitability.
It’s up to 60kV/60mA negative polarity - I think it’s more than enough for quite advanced fusor
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Instructions for changing your username can be found in this post:

viewtopic.php?p=82808#p82808

Joe.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Yes, 60 kV and up to 60 ma is certainly going to generate a lot of fusion events (through I doubt the 60 ma occurs in the upper most voltage range.) Do be aware such a high voltage power supply will produce very penetrating's x-rays (above 30 kV operation range) so proper shielding with appropriate thickness is an absolute must.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”