Hello from Utah

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
jonathan_melton

Hello from Utah

Post by jonathan_melton »

Hi, and thanks for building and maintaining this awesome source of experimental information! I am an engineer from Utah with a background in electrical and mechanical design and prototype construction. I built a demo fusor years ago and managed to get a lot of plasma arcing but no "star in a jar." I think my vacuum was too poor, but didn't have a gauge capable of sensing high vacuum to determine if that really was the issue. The recent excitement around the NIF experiment reminded me of that first build and I thought I would give it another shot, this time with better instrumentation. I appreciate all the information in the FAQs, it really helps to think through the design process.

Thanks!
-Jonathan
John Futter

Re: Hello from Utah

Post by John Futter »

Welcome Jonathan
You are already well on your way the FAQ's and subsequent forum below are a wealth of info
almost all questions that you can think of have already been answered.

good luck in your quest
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

However, for unique issues (one often runs into when building a new system) FAQ's may or may not be useful; so, after searching and still need advice, then certainly do ask in the appropriate forum thread.
jonathan_melton

Post by jonathan_melton »

I'll definitely ask questions if I get stuck! Thanks for the welcome.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”