Hello from Russia

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Victoria Slastihina

Hello from Russia

Post by Victoria Slastihina »

Hi everyone!
My name is Victoria, I'm 16. I'm from Yekaterinburg, Russia. So I'm a high school student.
I got inspired by building a fusor. I'm quite non-experienced in this theme, but with this forum, with the topics you all created, I'm fixing it out. A little bit more about me: I'm pretty interested in nuclear reactions and quantum physics too. It seems I'm learning English (upgrading my skills) and science at the same time here :Р. Before the idea of making a fusion reactor (it feels like creating a miracle, because stars are producing energy in the similar way) visited me, I've dealt with some kind of laboratory, production chemistry projects (as an example, the last one was called "analysis and synthesis of biodegradable polymers"). Now I started to planning my fusor by reading the forum, watching videos. I'm also able to go to the local university and institute to maybe get some help or recourses, equipment. Hope that will be successful!

Thank you for reading.
Best regards, Victoria.
Jim Kovalchick

Re: Hello from Russia

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

Welcome Victoria. Yours is a good introduction, and many here share your enthusiasm for the miracle of fusion.

Perhaps you already know, but reading the FAQ's is a good place to start learning on this forum. Another big help would be a mentor local to you there.

A good number of young people like yourself have used the fusor experience as an important part of preparations for successful careers in science and engineering. I hope for the same for you.

Good luck,

Jim Kovalchick
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I will include my welcome to you, Victoria. This is a great place to learn some of the theory related to fusion, but to also learn about the practical aspects associated with assembling a fusion device. You can learn about the great difficulties in achieving useful power delivered fusion and why it has never been done on earth in a controlled manner. There is much to study and much to learn.

For a quick review of how we do fusion in a fusor with D-D fusion you might read the paper I did on this subject found at...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13284

As Jim noted the FAQs at the top of each forum is a good place to begin learning the practical aspects of doing fusion. All the best of luck in your quest.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Victoria Slastihina

Post by Victoria Slastihina »

Richard, I'm pleased you replied me! Jim, I'm glad to see your reply too!
I met the celebrities. You guys are really clever, you are witty, competent, brainy... a lot of words and synonyms. I appreciate your wishes and your advice for me!
Richard, the link you sent is going to be useful for me. I am grateful to you.
The forum has much information, that's true. There's so much to study! Yes, as you noticed, I am definitely needy for technical recommendations, technical topics posted here. Well, I have registered here... therefore it's going to be an intriguing long journey.

Keep being amazing engineers!
Victoria
Artem Artemov

Post by Artem Artemov »

Привет!
If you need technical information, write. I am building a large reactor in my laboratory. Moscow.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome and glad to have an international group here as well. Thermo-nuclear fusion has always been a potential energy system that draws people of various nationalities together.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”