Base level source: Gases neon, deuterium, many more.

Links to primary sources of hardware and other materials for the amateur scientist for assembly and operation of a fusion system. General useful supplies for the experimenter are also allowed. Make title specific to the URL supplied with any needed information.
Richard Hull

Base level source: Gases neon, deuterium, many more.

Post by Richard Hull »

http://globalraregases.com/gases.html

I have no personal data here and their webpage is sparse. Others here have ordered relatively pain free with good results. I suggest a direct phone call to ferret out prices. They are on E-bay

It has been the devil's on work to get professional gas suppliers to supply private individuals with deuterium gas.

Cambridge isotopes is the only supplier I have ever used when I was working as they have no issue shipping to a business with a federal tax ID. They also offer heavy water. I supply their site out of courtesy to those who might give them a try.

https://shop.isotope.com/productdetails ... o=DLM-4-PK

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Re: Base level source: Gases neon, deuterium, many more.

Post by Richard Hull »

For those who cannot obtain deuterium gas, others here have obtained "reversible fuel cells". Using a cell like this with a bit of heavy water and a simple low voltage DC supply, a number of successful fusors have electrolyzed the deuterium oxide to separate the oxygen and deuterium gas out of the system. The concept is simplicity itself and far cheaper to obtain a given volume of deuterium gas than buying the bottled gas product. The fuel cell is the critical component. A source for a cell that meets this particular standard can be found at....

https://www.fuelcellearth.com/fuel-cell ... uel-cells/

We have had a couple of great posting threads in the past with a great deal of specifics on this effort.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9435

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Aidan_Roy

Post by Aidan_Roy »

Regarding those PEM cells, this website seems to offer them at a slightly cheaper rate($49 as opposed to $65). With shipping I think it bumps up about $10 on both sites however I haven’t really checked. Even though it’s not much, I’ll penny pinch wherever possible.

https://www.horizoneducational.com/pem- ... 173?v=1313

Aidan
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks. This is what these Base level files are all about. URL's to get at useful materials and additonal URLs related to better or less expensive sources.
We hope to have these isolated din their own special forum and out of the for sale forum.

For the best videos on PEM cell loading and operational use by Mark Rowley, just posted, go to.......

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13995

Richard Hull

Return to “Primary Sources for Fusor Related Items”