Cooking some cake

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Sarmad suseyn

Cooking some cake

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

Hi
I had to make some cooking for some pitchblende ore and extract the yellow cake. If any one interested. I can post the method here. Of course if its allowed by admin.
Attachments
20200807_002235.jpg
20201009_110418.jpg
Dennis P Brown

Re: Cooking some cake

Post by Dennis P Brown »

An impressive feat. Good chemical work in purifrying the ore.
Sarmad suseyn

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

It is very simple ready to tell just waiting for the admin to approve 👍
Jim Kovalchick

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

I think it's a bad idea to allow this posting. It is debatabley illegal and creates radioactive waste products in the form of radium.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

It is definitely illegal. Please do not post it here. as we do not support such activities. The part of the NRC regulations states that under the general license, you may obtain, own and transfer uranium ore, (rock), as long as it is not processed in any manner!!

Processing, by definition, includes all of the following... pulverizing, chemically treating and attempting to make a uranic chemical or obtain the metal by any such process. As we have maintained over the years we are not to use any restricted material or involve ourselves with any nuclear materials outside of NRC regulations.

Posting any process that makes use of or attempts to create any un-licensed materials will suffer immediate deletion. You may consider that the admin's post moderator has spoken on this matter.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Sarmad suseyn

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

Wow
Easy on me.
Not going to post.

Knowledge some times is priceless.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

There are many published books that explain three or four chemical processes used to take U ore and turn it into yellow cake or other uranic chemicals. A couple of websites exist telling you how to make it using household chemicals ..... We will not be one of them. It is not difficult or a real mysterious chemical secret, just illegal to do without a specific NRC license here in the U.S.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

All covered by IAEA rules that most aligned countries have signed up to

NORM = naturally occurring radioactive material is exempt unless efforts are made to purify or separate it

so extracting yellowcake is "verboten"
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

Sarmad,

Fusor.net has a bit of a reputation for being overly blunt. This is no exception. Apologies on how it looks like piling on and being harsh to your offer to share knowledge of things you are passionate about.

We appreciate and respect your request for per permission before you posted. Congratulations on your manners and understanding of decorum. This is especially lacking in too much of our society these days.

In the end, the mission of Fusor.net and complying with most Western laws and public safety for those doing the work has to take precedent. The moderator extraordinaire Richard Hull has given the basis for this. Sometimes people here can sound curt and sometimes even condescending but I can tell you that it is not what is going on. I know most of the main people on here personally and I can tell you they may be very focused on the message without formal grace and manners but there is no mal-intent behind these posts. It is just cut to the chase by multiple people giving their comments. In many ways this is good as we get to hear various viewpoints from others. That is encouraging in a time of closed messages and blinders by so many on so many subjects in our society. Still, I can see how it would not be fun to be in the shoes of those when the dogs are let loose.

Hope this sheds some light on what you are seeing and do not take it personal because it is not.
Sarmad suseyn wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 pm Wow
Easy on me.
Not going to post.

Knowledge some times is priceless.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Sarmad suseyn

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

Dear mr frank
I really appreciate your answer.
Thanks

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”