Songs.com

The very beginnings of the fusor site.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Songs.com

Post by Frank Sanns »

https://fusor.net/old-boards/songs.com/index.html

- - - - - - - -

songs.com was the music website created and run by Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser," from 1995-2001.

Sometime in 1996 he procured his first flatbed scanner and started uploading the research he'd gathered in the 1970s to a folder on that site. The original material can be found now at:

http://farnovision.com/chronicles

After uploading the material, he set to wondering if anybody out there had any interest in Farnsworth's fusion research in the 1960s. Shortly thereafter Richard Hull and Tom Ligon showed up out of the digital ether.

And the rest, as they say....
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Dennis P Brown

Re: Songs.com

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Thank's for that post - this does give a nice and very short overview for us that had no idea about how this all came together.
Richard Hull

Re: Songs.com

Post by Richard Hull »

I have written much about the songs origins and the sudden link in the Songs/Farnsworth Chronicles Paul included for fusor discussions. Paul would have to tell us why he added this link in late 1998, I think it was. This is how I found it. I had been in discussion with Tom Ligon about the fusor in 1996 and by late 1997 I had my first demo fusor. I was pretty much a VCIW, (Don Lancaster's term for, A voice crying in the wilderness).

I did a rather constant search for others on the internet and somehow stumbled onto Paul's brand new added chat area within Songs/Farnsworth Chronicles/Farnsworth fusor discussion area. The first poster never posted ever again. I am pretty sure I was number 2 in December of 1998. It was slow going for about a month, but soon it really got cranking.

Read some of the early material...Boy were we naive.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Songs Archive”