Search for quality instrument cables, without spending the price of the instrument.

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Luck James

Search for quality instrument cables, without spending the price of the instrument.

Post by Luck James »

Hello everyone,

Im in need of new meter cables.

As most know equipment usually comes without a cable, more commonly a probe but no cable still. So needless to say I've collected a few detection instruments that I would love to have cables for, so i can run more than one at a time. I've previously tried Cableholesale for my cable needs, specifically custom cables. Although their website is a bit glitchy and hard to navigate. After a few tries on ebay from suppliers within the states, and having those cables fail. I'm in need of new ones that'll last.
Rather itll be easier to find voltage rated connectors
( amphenol) and making my own cable, or buying a cable. I need a few, I'm not a small collector!
A few BNC to BNC and a few BNC to MHV, preferably in a few lengths.

Anyone have a resource they use, or go about the matter of producing your own your input would be greatly appreciated.

-james
A young man furthering his knowledge.

Most used kit: Eberline Esp-1 with a 3in plastic scintillator, including a ludlum 9 ion chamber.
ChristofferBraestrup

Re: Search for quality instrument cables, without spending the price of the instrument.

Post by ChristofferBraestrup »

ebay user rfshopuk https://www.ebay.com/usr/rfshopuk custom makes cables, I've been using their SHV cables for half a year without any problems.

Their connectors are taiwanese Jye Bao brand, which is a far cry from amphenol, but they're nicely machined, no sharp edges, poor mating etc. and I have had only good experiences with them.

If you really want HQ cheap, I think the way to go is buy NOS quality brand connectors and make cables yourself.

I still haven't found an economic solution for the fast NIM LEMO cables :)

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”