2200 l/s turbos

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Joshua Turbyfill

2200 l/s turbos

Post by Joshua Turbyfill »

A while back I acquired two Mitsubishi Sinchoon FT2200W turbos. Since the controllers and cables are no where to be found do yall have any ideas on what to do with them? If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in purchasing them or any way to turn these on without controllers and cables that would be great. I believe they are maglev so that might make hardwiring them a lot harder im assuming.
6-min.jpg
Nicolas Krause

Re: 2200 l/s turbos

Post by Nicolas Krause »

Hi Joshua,

I'm not aware of an open source version for Mitsubishi Turbo Pumps, but the following project is an open source turbopump controller that you might be able to modify for your pumps.
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

Those are pretty big. Make sure you can bolt them down in case of a catastrophe.
Joshua Turbyfill

I don't have the skill to make that controller so I'll probably just keep them around then.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Sell them on ebay. There is someone trying to sell a couple of them on ebay for a crazy high price, they will never sell. They are worth probably $1k a piece in an unknown state without a controller.

If they are maglev there is zero chance you will get them running by by building a controller.
Joshua Turbyfill

Okay I'll try selling them for 1k each. Yeah I thought as much.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

How much do you have in them? Start them low and let them find their own level. Prepare to deal with shipping if you do and dont forget to put crating expenses in the listing.
Joshua Turbyfill

They were almost free, just had to pay for shipping pretty much. Yeah I kept the crate they came in. Might keep em because they look cool.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”