Quark "fusion"

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Silviu Tamasdan

Quark "fusion"

Post by Silviu Tamasdan »

Just published in Nature. Unfortunately I don't have access to the full article, but it looks like they call "fusion" a quark rearrangement between 2 baryons to produce 2 different baryons, presumably with less potential energy overall, and release the extra energy. IMHO this has nothing to do with fusion - except a large tongue in cheek. The energy required to create the 2 special baryons in the first place is not discussed (at least not in the abstract).

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v ... 24289.html
There _is_ madness to my method.
Richard Hull

Re: Quark "fusion"

Post by Richard Hull »

I am charmed at this charmingly arranged hypothesis of double heavy baryons. How they do carryon.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

They listen to Baryon Manilow
Silviu Tamasdan

Post by Silviu Tamasdan »

Richard Hull wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:03 am I am charmed at this charmingly arranged hypothesis of double heavy baryons. How they do carryon.

Richard Hull
Life is strange, it does have its ups and downs and sometimes the top becomes the bottom and vice-versa.
There _is_ madness to my method.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

I believe quantum ducks are composed of these heavy Baryons; this makes them heavier than a witch*, yet they still, like a traditional duck, go "quark, quark, quark ..."

*To younger people and those who do not watch British humor movies - this reference is relative to a 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' movie and a 'witch' being lighter than a duck (one NOT made of heavier baryon matter, no doubt); which (no pun here), turns out to be true in a rather funny comedy routine.
Last edited by Dennis P Brown on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

It is rare that we leave the serious nature of these forums, but every now and then, a bit of refreshing humor creeps in. Nature is a very serious venue and heavily peer reviewed. Still, we had a bit of fun on the face of the premise of the paper. Sorry, "Nature", we couldn't resist.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

this nature article is just putting anopther spin on it

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”