Inherited Books

A place to keep track of reference material - any particularly useful books, articles, etc. should be listed here.
Robert Dwyer

Inherited Books

Post by Robert Dwyer »

Today I just got back from a trip to my local University where I met with the Dean of Engineering, who has a wealth and knowledge of experience with plasma physics. We discussed many things, but eventually he related that since he was retiring, he was wanting to downsize his library and offered to let me inherit many of his books. Of course I was overwhelmed since I had been seeking after books for about 7 months now. I thought I might share with you many of the books I have acquired (perhaps a few of you may even recognize these books). I am seriously looking forward to the fun of diving in and reading these books over the summer!

The list of books I picked from what was offered is as follows:

Nuclear Physics And Plasma Science:

1. Fundamentals of Plasma Physics by S.R. Seshadri
2. The Plasma State by Juda Leon Shohet
3. Plasma Science and Technology by Herman V. Boeing
4. Plasma Processing of Materials by H.J. Oskan
5. Plasma Dynamics by T.J. M. Boyd and J.J. Sanderson
6. Plasma Processing of Materials: Scientific Opportunities and Technical Challenges by the National Research Council
7. Thin Film Processes edited by John L. Vossen and Werner Kern
8. Handbook of Thin-Film Deposition Processes and Techniques
9.Sun in a Bottle by Charles Seife
10. Nuclear Structure by Leonard Eisenbud and Eugene P. Wigner
11. Fundamentals of Nuclear Physics by Atam P. Arya
12. The Elements of Nuclear Reactor Theory by Samuel Glasstone and Milton C. Edlund
13. Experimental Nuclear Physics Volumes I and II edited by E. Segre
14. Quantum Physics of Atoms, Molecules, Solids, Nuclei, and Particles by Robert Eisber and Robert Resnick

Vacuum Science

15. Vacuum Science and Technology: Pioneers of the 20th Century Edited by Paul A. Redhead (History of Vacuum Science and Technology volume 2)
16. AVS 50th. Special Issue Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A

Electrical Literature

17. Concepts in Electricity and Magnetism by Holt, Rinehart, and Wilson
18. Electrostatic Discharge and Electronic Equipment by Warren Boxleitner

Chemical Engineering

19. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering by McCabe, Smith, and Harriott (fourth edition)
20. Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes by Richard M. Felder and Ronald W. Rousseau

Other

20. Electron Beams, Lenses, and Optics (Volumes I and II)
21. Molecular Beam Epitaxy by M.A. Herman and H. Sitter
22. Recent Developments in Hydrogen Technology by K.D Williamson Jr. and Frederick J. Edeskuty (Volume 1)
23. The Structure and Properties of Materials by Moffatt, Pearsall, Wulff, Brophy, and Rose (volumes I, II, and III)
24. Reading Statistics and Research by Huck, Cormier, and Bounds
25. Statistical Principles in Experimental Design by B. J. Winer
26. Introduction to Engineering, Modeling and Problem Solving by Jay B. Brockman
27. Fundamental Concepts in the Design of Experiments by Charles R. Hicks and Kenneth V. Turner Jr. (Fifth Edition)
28. Characterization of Semiconductor Materials Principles and Methods by Gary E. McGuire
29. Fundamentals of Semiconductor Devices by Betty Lise Anderson and Richard L. Anderson
30. Fundamentals of Semiconductor Theory and Device Physics by Shyh Wang
31. The Engineer of 2020 by the National Academy of Engineering

There are other books on the economical sides of renewable resources and how energy production effects the economy, but I did not include them on the list.

Return to “Books & References”