Demo Fusor Plasma Improvement

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
John Beutz

Demo Fusor Plasma Improvement

Post by John Beutz »

Over the past few days I have been working on improving the quality of the vacuum in my demo fusor, building a better and thicker grid, and making a bigger work table for the garage "lab" where I used to make transistor radios and stuff.
Much better plasma with the copper grid.
Much better plasma with the copper grid.
I made the grid with an old coiled bit of wire I had. First, the insulation had to be burned off.
image.jpeg
When that was done, I soldered it all together and tried to fix some leaks in the vacuum. I do not have a TC gauge yet as per Dennis Brown's memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2384 suggestion. Since the plasma is just holding to the grid, the vacuum seems to be inadequate. But the vacuum in the chamber can only be as good as the pump pulling it, so maybe an upgrade from bare minimum is in order. I have a much larger workspace now, with room to fit more components as my experiments evolve:
image.jpeg
Richard Hull

Re: Demo Fusor Plasma Improvement

Post by Richard Hull »

John's name has been added to the plasma club.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”