Polywell Site

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Tom McCarthy

Polywell Site

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Hey all,

I was doing a bit of looking 'round on the net about Polywells a few days ago when I came across this site: http://www.talk-polywell.org/bb/index.php
From doing a small bit of reading, fusor.net has been mentioned a few times. However, I've never seen the site mentioned here - any postings that were linked to couldn't be found...

So has anybody else looked around on this site or anything? Just wondering 'cause it seems a lot differently orientated than to here.

Tom
Chris Bradley

Re: Polywell Site

Post by Chris Bradley »

Tom McCarthy wrote:I've never seen the site mentioned here - any postings that were linked to couldn't be found...
I just typed "talk-polywell" into the search box, and it returned 117 hits.... probably 118 now!! Not sure how many actually link to the site (nearly useless search engine), but I'm sure you'll find plenty in there.
Tom McCarthy

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Sorry about that - didn't do a search, guess I've still got the newbie blood in me!

Tom
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

We have had several polywell boosters here over the years and a couple are still on hand and post on occasion. We do not push the device as it just can't be made in its truest form by amateur hands. Apparently even professional hands with lots of money can't make it work to design spec, as well.

No continuously operational polywell, as per its creators design has ever been made by anyone. Lots of talk and hype though, you gotta' give 'em that.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Tom McCarthy

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Wasn't Mark Suppes was one of the main pushers for an amateur one up until he decided to leave it recently? And am I right in saying that the guys in Delft in the Netherlands are trying to build one to the best of their ability yes?

I guess they don't really have the same "Fusion is the energy of the future....and always will be" as you over there huh?

Tom
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

There are far more folks who believe that power ready fusion energy is a mere engineering step away from reality. There have been these folks in the majority opinion for the last 60 years and there always will be. No need to break with tradition. Everybody wants to take a whack at it. So far, over those many years, billions of the money have been poured down the fusion power rabbit hole.

We may yet get to see what the polywell can or cannot do. All we have to do is wait. As it has been 60 years in the fusionish biz, we are used to waiting. It is the norm.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

The Polywell has been perennially appealing to armchair-class enthusiasts, much less appealing to the kind of people who like to actually build things (with the unique exception of Mark Suppes). The publicly-available background info on the Polywell remains too weak to give credence to the claims lofted about its capabilities, and wild, frequently nonsensical, speculation has filled the information vacuum on a number of blogs and discussion sites. In my admin role here I have always put my foot down hard on the ingress of such nattering. I'm sure the day will come when another Mark Suppes gets up enough enthusiasm for the Polywell to give it a try, and it is that person I look forward to seeing in our community.
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”