Archived - I believe first neutrons.

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
TannerOates

Archived - I believe first neutrons.

Post by TannerOates »

Okay so my voltage was -45kv at 7.5 ma. After a ten minute exposure, i got 14 bubbles with the detector less than 10 cm away from the grid. The background was less than one bubble per six hours so the background did not seem to affect the results. My pressure sensor cannot go past 1.0 x 10
torr so i do not know the exact pressure. But I do believe that i have produced neutrons. Is there any other any other information i should provide? (Not all of the bubbles are visible)
Attachments
DSCN0667.JPG
Carl Willis

Re: I believe first neutrons.

Post by Carl Willis »

Tanner, if you could accompany this bubble photo with some other information (photos?) about your system, it would be more useful to the community.

These are the photos of your system early in its development:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3160#p12670

But since then, you have evidently added HV power, a turbo pump, deuterium and gas handling equipment, and possibly other components.

I think it's highly likely that you have measured neutron output from your fusor, so I'll extend my congratulations.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
TannerOates

Post by TannerOates »

Here are some photos.
Attachments
DSCN0684.JPG
DSCN0683.JPG
DSCN0682.JPG
DSCN0681.JPG
DSCN0680.JPG
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Looks very nice.

You have enough information from the BTI detector to calculate your neutron yield, which might be an interesting exercise for the purposes of comparing your system to some other fusors and tracking improvements you might make.

Thanks for the details. I suspect most others here will find your claim to the "Neutron Club" quite credible and the culmination of a lot of hard work. Again, congratulations!

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
TannerOates

Post by TannerOates »

Thanks!
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hi Tanner, I have been watching your progress including the silver activation, your first post regarding the BTI bubble detector, and of course this thread. I believe you have produced free neutrons from the fusion of deuterium with itself. SO...Congratulations! As Carl has already said, you should calculate how many neutron per second you were generating. I think that Steve Sesselmann posted a bubble-to-neutron calculator either on the board and/or on his personal fusion website. Once again Congrats! ps you should really get a more sensitive gauge.. pps may I suggest the convectron gauge on Kurt J Lesker's website!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Tanner, Good work and nice setup. I have added your name to the Neutron club. The images of your setup made a big difference.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
TannerOates

Post by TannerOates »

can I also be added to the student part. I am 15.

Return to “Images du Jour”