Archived - Early fusor III images

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Archived - Early fusor III images

Post by Richard Hull »

Attached are two old images I ran across taken in 1999 when I first hooked up Fusor III. Many of you might not be familiar with this iteration of Fusor III.

You can see that it was an extension of fusor II in that it was an all-in-one, "roadable" unit. I had the fusor and supply with gas system on a bed rail system of fiberglass angle rails. I itched for a week after cutting and boring holes in this system!

This arrangement allowed a great deal of early flexibility, but it was quickly realized that the ~22kv @ 6ma supply would limit the upper end of fusion to under 20,000 n/sec. I soon, (within 3 months), rebuilt the entire fusor with a much stronger, 20ma, and greater top voltage, 35Kv, supply onto the bench in the rear of my lab where it ran from 1999 to 2004. By 2002, the device topped out at about 3X10e5 neutrons/second.

The device utilized my first permenantly attached video camera to view the poissor, a feature I will never do without again.

Richard Hull
Attachments
1999 (13).JPG
f3.good.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”