Fusion site

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.

Fusion site

Post by guest »

Richard Hull

Re: Fusion site

Post by Richard Hull »

This is Joe Zambelli's site which has already been linked here. Joe is well known to us old timers and his system is superb. I visited him Last Thanksgiving (see my website), but have known Joe for 3 or 4 years prior to his fusor work.
He remains the only other amateur to do fusion in a Farnsworth device other than Myself and Tom Ligon and Scott Little. He is a member of the "Neutron Club" in our Fusioneer listing on this site.

Richad Hull

Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Post by guest »

http://www.hotta.es.titech.ac.jp/SCBF/SCBF.html

Prof. Hotta san has clearly succeeded.

R
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Dunno what this guy is talking about "convergence beam fusion"? It sure looks like a "fusor" to me...

Does Miley know about this?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I am with the perfesser on this one. It is indeed just a fusor of the simplest form.

But touting it as a neutron source as in "commercial source", Miley's group will certainly feel this as an intrusion. I wonder how long this site has been up and if the images are recent or older?

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Post by guest »

hehehe I have emailed him to ask

Post by guest »

Post by guest »

also look at , "Neutron Production Characteristics and Emission Properties of Spherically Convergent Beam Fusion", Fusion Technology, Vol.39, No.3, pp.1182-1187 (2001)" a PDF -- in the 'Papers' he seems to have use a ' Spherical Mesh' for the anode.

John

Post by guest »

Richard he does know about Miley -- he has included reference to Miley in this paper

http://hotta.es.titech.ac.jp/~ehotta/pdf/iec01.pdf

some day I will read ALL the text before commenting

Re: Fusion site (another one)

Post by guest »

Take a look at the U. of Kyoto site at www.energy.kyoto-u.ac.jp/english/henkan/cc2.html
These guys wre getting 5 X 10^6 neutrons in 1998...

Post by guest »

Post by guest »

Looks like Miley has a finger in many pies... What's interesting is that the folks at U. Wisconsin, TIT (unfortunate acronym),and at U. Kyoto think that in the glow regime, the dominant mechanism of neutron production is ion collision with background neutrals, not ion-ion collision.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

they.. "think that in the glow regime, the dominant mechanism of neutron production is ion collision with background neutrals, not ion-ion collision........"

They might be correct too!! I would imagine that a lot more collisions take place between neutrals and hot ions that ion-ion collisions. One might be statistically justified in stating that the bulk of the fusion is coming from such activities, though ion-ion is part of the mix.

Richard Hull

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”