Hypermatter fusion!!!

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
Reformator

Hypermatter fusion!!!

Post by Reformator »

I want to know if this is possible and how can it be done?

I have the material of it from here
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tec ... ower2.html
Carl Willis

Re: Hypermatter fusion!!!

Post by Carl Willis »

This is not topical to the forum's purpose and hence is troll material.

We seem to be having a spate of these problems in the last couple weeks, and there's no reason to spend a lot of time on it again or tolerate it. Thread = troll bin, user = gone.

Sheesh.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Reformator

Post by Reformator »

No, I want answer. Please.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Forum Etiquette 101:

There are literally thousands of venues online devoted to science fiction generally, Star Wars specifically, and free-for-all banter on whatever interests you. For example, on the site you linked, there is a "forums" section. If you want to discuss the material at that site, why don't you start by discussing it at that site?

That would be what we call the "logical" thing to do.

On Fusor.net, however, there is a very specific focus on the real science of real nuclear fusion. That's right. You can belly-ache all you want about not having your own interests catered to here, but one way or the other (i.e. reasonably and in a mature fashion, or by administrative removal in defiant five-year-old fashion) you will be relocating that discussion.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Maybe I'll come to regret this, but I cannot resist feeding the Bulgarian trolls (maybe the same one as our previous 'dissident', but wearing a new loin-cloth). They're kinda cute!

Reformator wrote:
> No, I want answer. Please.

Regrettably, the most appropriate answer is one that I cannot lawfully post. The laws governing use of Her Britannic Majesty's telecommunications networks do not permit transmission of profanities.

So I'll give you this answer instead: Hypermatter fusion is impossible. This is because my home planet used all the hypermatter up thousands of years ago and of course there is only a limited amount, as I'm sure you will know. It used to be mined from the upper atmospheres of many planets by flying trollettes, but it just got all used up and the trollettes died out so no one knows where to get any more.

....What you need to do is now try to figure out which bits of what I just said are real and which are made up. Consider this practice for you as you do not seem to be very good at it.

You have come onto the forum, possibly again but in a different guise, and have not been initially judged but instead been given straightforward and civil responses. This might even happen again. You may wish to come back, and I am sure any reasonable questions will be responded to with reasonable debate. But for now you have condemned yourself to ridicule and have fully discredited yourself. It is your choice if you wish to continue being a target of ridicule. Advice on how not to be the subject of ridicule has already been fed to you in great detail.
Reformator

Post by Reformator »

Once people didn't believe that there will be machines that can fly or be faster than a horse. Every new innovation was confronted with great scepticism. Even in the 20s and 30s of 20th century nobody believed that nuclear power can be used. Several years later it was fact.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

True, a lot of amazing things have happened, but leave us in peace and let us all be surprised as they continue to leap forth into reality. We can wait just as well without any discussion for any number of wonderments to be made manifest before us. In short, if it ain't fusion we don't care.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Chris Trent

Post by Chris Trent »

I'm feeling rather lighthearted today, and am enough of a Star Wars geek to have found the site amusing. (Mostly it's amusing that there are people out there geeky enough to make me look "Normal")

Therefore, I'll return the humor with some answers you can take in all seriousness.

Q: "I want to know if this is possible"
A: As far as I am aware, only in your imagination.

Q: "and how can it be done?"
A: Haven't the foggiest. Feel free to ask again in about 25,000 years.

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”