Hyperspace possible?

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
ebeuerle

Hyperspace possible?

Post by ebeuerle »

Hey all,
Just saw this on NewScientist.com and since Adam and I have had various discussions on rotating magnetic fields I thought it would be relavent to post:

Take a leap into hyperspace

* 05 January 2006

EVERY year, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics awards prizes for the best papers presented at its annual conference. Last year's winner in the nuclear and future flight category went to a paper calling for experimental tests of an astonishing new type of engine. According to the paper, this hyperdrive motor would propel a craft through another dimension at enormous speeds. It could leave Earth at lunchtime and get to the moon in time for dinner. There's just one catch: the idea relies on an obscure and largely unrecognised kind of physics. Can they possibly be serious?

The AIAA is certainly not embarrassed. What's more, the US military has begun to cast its eyes over the hyperdrive concept, and a space propulsion researcher at the US Department of Energy's Sandia National Laboratories has said he would be interested in putting the idea to the test. And despite the bafflement of most physicists at the theory that supposedly underpins it, Pavlos Mikellides, an aerospace engineer at the Arizona State University in Tempe who reviewed the winning paper, stands by the committee's choice. "Even though such features have been explored before, this particular approach is quite unique," he says.

Unique it certainly is. If the experiment gets the go-ahead and works, it could reveal new interactions between the fundamental forces of nature that would change the future of space travel. Forget spending six months or more holed up in a rocket on the way to Mars, a round trip on the hyperdrive could take as little as 5 hours. All our worries about astronauts' muscles wasting away or their DNA being irreparably damaged by cosmic radiation would disappear overnight. What's more the device would put travel to the stars within reach for the first time. But can the hyperdrive really get off the ground?
“A hyperdrive craft would put the stars within reach for the first time”

The answer to that question hinges on the work of a little-known German physicist. Burkhard Heim began to explore the hyperdrive propulsion concept in the 1950s as a spin-off from his attempts to heal the biggest divide in physics: the rift between quantum mechanics and Einstein's general theory of relativity.

Quantum theory describes the realm of the very small - atoms, electrons and elementary particles - while general relativity deals with gravity. The two theories are immensely successful in their separate spheres. The clash arises when it comes to describing the basic structure of space. In general relativity, space-time is an active, malleable fabric. It has four dimensions - three of space and one of time - that deform when masses are placed in them. In Einstein's formulation, the force of gravity is a result of the deformation of these dimensions. Quantum theory, on the other hand, demands that space is a fixed and passive stage, something simply there for particles to exist on. It also suggests that space itself must somehow be made up of discrete, quantum elements.

In the early 1950s, Heim began to rewrite the equations of general relativity in a quantum framework. He drew on Einstein's idea that the gravitational force emerges from the dimensions of space and time, but suggested that all fundamental forces, including electromagnetism, might emerge from a new, different set of dimensions. Originally he had four extra dimensions, but he discarded two of them believing that they did not produce any forces, and settled for adding a new two-dimensional "sub-space" onto Einstein's four-dimensional space-time.

In Heim's six-dimensional world, the forces of gravity and electromagnetism are coupled together. Even in our familiar four-dimensional world, we can see a link between the two forces through the behaviour of fundamental particles such as the electron. An electron has both mass and charge. When an electron falls under the pull of gravity its moving electric charge creates a magnetic field. And if you use an electromagnetic field to accelerate an electron you move the gravitational field associated with its mass. But in the four dimensions we know, you cannot change the strength of gravity simply by cranking up the electromagnetic field.

In Heim's view of space and time, this limitation disappears. He claimed it is possible to convert electromagnetic energy into gravitational and back again, and speculated that a rotating magnetic field could reduce the influence of gravity on a spacecraft enough for it to take off.

When he presented his idea in public in 1957, he became an instant celebrity. Wernher von Braun, the German engineer who at the time was leading the Saturn rocket programme that later launched astronauts to the moon, approached Heim about his work and asked whether the expensive Saturn rockets were worthwhile. And in a letter in 1964, the German relativity theorist Pascual Jordan, who had worked with the distinguished physicists Max Born and Werner Heisenberg and was a member of the Nobel committee, told Heim that his plan was so important "that its successful experimental treatment would without doubt make the researcher a candidate for the Nobel prize".

But all this attention only led Heim to retreat from the public eye. This was partly because of his severe multiple disabilities, caused by a lab accident when he was still in his teens. But Heim was also reluctant to disclose his theory without an experiment to prove it. He never learned English because he did not want his work to leave the country. As a result, very few people knew about his work and no one came up with the necessary research funding. In 1958 the aerospace company Bölkow did offer some money, but not enough to do the proposed experiment.

While Heim waited for more money to come in, the company's director, Ludwig Bölkow, encouraged him to develop his theory further. Heim took his advice, and one of the results was a theorem that led to a series of formulae for calculating the masses of the fundamental particles - something conventional theories have conspicuously failed to achieve. He outlined this work in 1977 in the Max Planck Institute's journal Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, his only peer-reviewed paper. In an abstruse way that few physicists even claim to understand, the formulae work out a particle's mass starting from physical characteristics, such as its charge and angular momentum.

Yet the theorem has proved surprisingly powerful. The standard model of physics, which is generally accepted as the best available theory of elementary particles, is incapable of predicting a particle's mass. Even the accepted means of estimating mass theoretically, known as lattice quantum chromodynamics, only gets to between 1 and 10 per cent of the experimental values.
Gravity reduction

But in 1982, when researchers at the German Electron Synchrotron (DESY) in Hamburg implemented Heim's mass theorem in a computer program, it predicted masses of fundamental particles that matched the measured values to within the accuracy of experimental error. If they are let down by anything, it is the precision to which we know the values of the fundamental constants. Two years after Heim's death in 2001, his long-term collaborator Illobrand von Ludwiger calculated the mass formula using a more accurate gravitational constant. "The masses came out even more precise," he says.

After publishing the mass formulae, Heim never really looked at hyperspace propulsion again. Instead, in response to requests for more information about the theory behind the mass predictions, he spent all his time detailing his ideas in three books published in German. It was only in 1980, when the first of his books came to the attention of a retired Austrian patent officer called Walter Dröscher, that the hyperspace propulsion idea came back to life. Dröscher looked again at Heim's ideas and produced an "extended" version, resurrecting the dimensions that Heim originally discarded. The result is "Heim-Dröscher space", a mathematical description of an eight-dimensional universe.

From this, Dröscher claims, you can derive the four forces known in physics: the gravitational and electromagnetic forces, and the strong and weak nuclear forces. But there's more to it than that. "If Heim's picture is to make sense," Dröscher says, "we are forced to postulate two more fundamental forces." These are, Dröscher claims, related to the familiar gravitational force: one is a repulsive anti-gravity similar to the dark energy that appears to be causing the universe's expansion to accelerate. And the other might be used to accelerate a spacecraft without any rocket fuel.

This force is a result of the interaction of Heim's fifth and sixth dimensions and the extra dimensions that Dröscher introduced. It produces pairs of "gravitophotons", particles that mediate the interconversion of electromagnetic and gravitational energy. Dröscher teamed up with Jochem Häuser, a physicist and professor of computer science at the University of Applied Sciences in Salzgitter, Germany, to turn the theoretical framework into a proposal for an experimental test. The paper they produced, "Guidelines for a space propulsion device based on Heim's quantum theory", is what won the AIAA's award last year.

Claims of the possibility of "gravity reduction" or "anti-gravity" induced by magnetic fields have been investigated by NASA before (New Scientist, 12 January 2002, p 24). But this one, Dröscher insists, is different. "Our theory is not about anti-gravity. It's about completely new fields with new properties," he says. And he and Häuser have suggested an experiment to prove it.

This will require a huge rotating ring placed above a superconducting coil to create an intense magnetic field. With a large enough current in the coil, and a large enough magnetic field, Dröscher claims the electromagnetic force can reduce the gravitational pull on the ring to the point where it floats free. Dröscher and Häuser say that to completely counter Earth's pull on a 150-tonne spacecraft a magnetic field of around 25 tesla would be needed. While that's 500,000 times the strength of Earth's magnetic field, pulsed magnets briefly reach field strengths up to 80 tesla. And Dröscher and Häuser go further. With a faster-spinning ring and an even stronger magnetic field, gravitophotons would interact with conventional gravity to produce a repulsive anti-gravity force, they suggest.
“A spinning ring and a strong magnetic field could produce a repulsive anti-gravity force”

Dröscher is hazy about the details, but he suggests that a spacecraft fitted with a coil and ring could be propelled into a multidimensional hyperspace. Here the constants of nature could be different, and even the speed of light could be several times faster than we experience. If this happens, it would be possible to reach Mars in less than 3 hours and a star 11 light years away in only 80 days, Dröscher and Häuser say.

So is this all fanciful nonsense, or a revolution in the making? The majority of physicists have never heard of Heim theory, and most of those contacted by New Scientist said they couldn't make sense of Dröscher and Häuser's description of the theory behind their proposed experiment. Following Heim theory is hard work even without Dröscher's extension, says Markus Pössel, a theoretical physicist at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Potsdam, Germany. Several years ago, while an undergraduate at the University of Hamburg, he took a careful look at Heim theory. He says he finds it "largely incomprehensible", and difficult to tie in with today's physics. "What is needed is a step-by-step introduction, beginning at modern physical concepts," he says.

The general consensus seems to be that Dröscher and Häuser's theory is incomplete at best, and certainly extremely difficult to follow. And it has not passed any normal form of peer review, a fact that surprised the AIAA prize reviewers when they made their decision. "It seemed to be quite developed and ready for such publication," Mikellides told New Scientist.

At the moment, the main reason for taking the proposal seriously must be Heim theory's uncannily successful prediction of particle masses. Maybe, just maybe, Heim theory really does have something to contribute to modern physics. "As far as I understand it, Heim theory is ingenious," says Hans Theodor Auerbach, a theoretical physicist at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich who worked with Heim. "I think that physics will take this direction in the future."

It may be a long while before we find out if he's right. In its present design, Dröscher and Häuser's experiment requires a magnetic coil several metres in diameter capable of sustaining an enormous current density. Most engineers say that this is not feasible with existing materials and technology, but Roger Lenard, a space propulsion researcher at Sandia National Laboratories in New Mexico thinks it might just be possible. Sandia runs an X-ray generator known as the Z machine which "could probably generate the necessary field intensities and gradients".

For now, though, Lenard considers the theory too shaky to justify the use of the Z machine. "I would be very interested in getting Sandia interested if we could get a more perspicacious introduction to the mathematics behind the proposed experiment," he says. "Even if the results are negative, that, in my mind, is a successful experiment."
From issue 2533 of New Scientist magazine, 05 January 2006, page 24
Who was Burkhard Heim?

Burkhard Heim had a remarkable life. Born in 1925 in Potsdam, Germany, he decided at the age of 6 that he wanted to become a rocket scientist. He disguised his designs in code so that no one could discover his secret. And in the cellar of his parents' house, he experimented with high explosives. But this was to lead to disaster.

Towards the end of the second world war, he worked as an explosives developer, and an accident in 1944 in which a device exploded in his hands left him permanently disabled. He lost both his forearms, along with 90 per cent of his hearing and eyesight.

After the war, he attended university in Göttingen to study physics. The idea of propelling a spacecraft using quantum mechanics rather than rocket fuel led him to study general relativity and quantum mechanics. It took an enormous effort. From 1948, his father and wife replaced his senses, spending hours reading papers and transcribing his calculations onto paper. And he developed a photographic memory.

Supporters of Heim theory claim that it is a panacea for the troubles in modern physics. They say it unites quantum mechanics and general relativity, can predict the masses of the building blocks of matter from first principles, and can even explain the state of the universe 13.7 billion years ago.
Richard Hull

Re: Hyperspace possible?

Post by Richard Hull »

Got to get me some o' them gravitophotons. No doubt about it.

Meanwhile how many freaks are out there attempting to make them big magnetic rings. Shades of the "Searl" effect's, rotating magnetic ring systems given new hope.

http://www.searleffect.com/

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Adam Szendrey

Post by Adam Szendrey »

Oh dear, Richard you are quite negative on this one .
I still say, that superluminal rotating EM fields are an interesting field to study...experimentally.

Adam
ebeuerle

Post by ebeuerle »

I thought it was quite interesting that the scientist had managed to create some equations that seemed to calculate the mass pretty accurately. I think it's work some experimentation to see if there is anything to the idea.
-Eddie B.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Gee whiz. I gave the Searl reference so that others could see that many are already experimenting and have been experimenting and building spinning, high intensity, magnetic rings. Remember Searl, himself, actually had one lift and fly in the 50's. You can read about it for yourself! He said it spun up and lifted into the air and he never saw it again. It is all in black and white writing, of course, just like the New Scientist article. Some folks can just read and accept. Those who can't accept but find the writing interesting, experiment and that is what all the Seralites are currently doing. The Hiem adherents haven't yet got started. Of course, he is behind the curve as he never had a spinning magnetic ring get away from him like Searl did.

I musta' been born in Missouri and my mom never told me.
Sorry, You just gotta' SHOW ME.

When I was in elementary school in the late 40's and early 50's, we had a black school janitor who was a classic caracature of the old southern negro. We used to hang with 'Elmo' who often sat outside on hot summer days. One of his sayings that still is burned into me as sage wisdom makes little sense until you think about it deeply...."If 'in Ah believed ervah thing Ah hear'd....Ah'd eat ervah thing I see'd."

Sage black reasoning... For those failing in comprehension, the above means that the very reason you are old and wise now and able to say this, means you failed to eat everything you ever saw, for it surely would have killed you at some point. Therefore, you never believed all that you heard. Sort of a really cool black sylogism, bordering on the wit and wisdom of Yogi Berra.

For my part, I am waiting for someone here to spin up a 45 Tesla, 3 meter ring and report back throwing all this post back in my teeth. Then I could be outta' this hell-hole to a better place on board the next space warpping flight to any place. If for no other reason than to hide my shame and avoid the, " I told you so's".

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
ebeuerle

Post by ebeuerle »

Heh good response Richard!!:)
-Eddie B.
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Folks:

I second Richard's SHOW ME.
Gin crack stuff is all over T Brown was suppost to have a gravity bender but vanished in the Philadelphia Experiment! Take your pick. Now the movies have "Lost in Space " have an interesting visual but its all conjecture! To read the real story read the book Hyperspace in one of my book lists

EXERPT

Hyperspace
Michio Kaku
Isbn 0-385-47705-8

It is the first book I've seen in a long time that collects together
all the physics theories under one roof. It developes the history of how geometric physics came to pass. Starts at Aristotle and proceeds century by century giving a birds eye view on all the
progress of physical laws and their mathematics. I barely knew much about Reinman theory but after I read through the book
tensors didn't seem too difficult to handle anymore. Very interesting but be warned it take a while to go through it...It took me a year to read and digest it.

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech >>>>>>Sanity checked for your protection!<<<<<
ebeuerle

Post by ebeuerle »

Ahh neat-thanks Larry!!
I will check out Amazon to see if I can buy a copy.
-Eddie B.
longstreet

Post by longstreet »

I've found a copy of the origional paper to AIAA. It seems to me that whatever the theory, it should be pretty easy to test what they lay out in this paper.
longstreet

Post by longstreet »

A crazy thing hit me a few minutes ago. From what I gather in the paper, the premis behind their hyperdrive idea is that you lower the potential of the ship by promoting quintessence partices (dark energy, I think). I am guessing the idea is that at some point the potential energy or some such mass of the ship is violated, forcing it into an alternate reality where new constants (G, c, etc) allow it to exist.

It struck me though that on a cosmic scale this seems to be happening naturally. The dark energy/quintessence is lowering the potential of the entire universe. It would be interesting that if their argument for hyperdrive is valid, that the entire universe might periodically fall to lower dimensions of reality when the negative potential becomes overwhelming. New constants kind of reset where the universe doesn't seem as big, or at least the negative potential isn't so overwhelming.

edit: I also happened to think of a discrepensy in the idea. They say you can transition resulting in n*c (n = 1, 2, 3...) speed of light (doubles, triples, ...). But if this dimensional thing is relative, why would going from n = 2 to n = 3 only result in 1.5x the speed? I would think that going from 2 to 3 would look the same as 1 to 2, so n = 3 should be 2x n = 2.

Anyway, crazy and unsupported...
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Guys:

I'm the only follower of this stuff at the group.
But to do any good at it ...I had to have a "little background."
Currently I'm graduating with 4 simultainious batchellor's degrees.

The degrees?

Glad you asked.

Philosophy and Religion
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Electrical Engineering

I think you better go back to hyperdrive that I learned about in a Philip K Dick novel. (Rein of Pussy Foot, Blade Runner ect).
Take your shirt ..
mark a point on one side then run to a point across from it seperated by a distance.
Fold the shirt until the first point meets the second and you have warp drive.
It does not move faster than the speed of light.
The traveler moves at a turtle's pace from one point to the other.
It works by changing the geometry of the space time continium of the cloth in the shirt. It forms a shorter path by building a bubble that encloses the whole of the path while point a and point b are beside each other.

Got it!
GOOD!

Damned all the BA paper pucky and still can't count!.
LOL!

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins BA^5
Fusor Tech >>>>>Sanity Checked for your Protection<<<<<
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Larry Leins writes:

>>>>Currently I'm graduating with 4 simultainious batchellor's degrees.

The degrees?

Glad you asked.

Philosophy and Religion
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Electrical Engineering<<<<

Uh, Larry, you might want to take a remedial class in that Mathematics program. That looks like FIVE programs to me, not FOUR.

BTW, I'm following all this "hyperspace" stuff, and particularly Burkhard Heim, too, but within the context of my ongoing research in to TT Brown. You might be interested to know that Brown and Heim were acquainted. My sources tell me that Heim rather admired Brown, and emulated some of his methods for.... obfuscation and disinformation.

I'll just leave you with that little tid-bit for now...<g>

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Professor:

Pride goeth before the fall.
My last comment on my post was too much stuff in the attic and still can't count.

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Folks:

A useful book in this quest is:
A Briefer history of Time by Stephen Hawking
ISBN-10 0-55380436-7

It covers relativity,curved space,Quantum gravity.

Exerpt:

A consistant theory of how gravity affects light did not come along until Einstein proposed general relativity in 1915, and the probelem of understanding what would happen to a massive star under general relativity was first solved by a young American,Robert Oppenheimer,in 1939.

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech
djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Archive of Heim documents, among others:

http://www.hpcc-space.de/publications/documents/

If it says AIAA, its in regards to Heim Theory.

Good news, if true.

Duane
Zixinus

Post by Zixinus »

I'd rather go with a warp drive. There are papers for them too.

I don't think that something like the light-speed barrier can be so easily broken by a couple of spinning, magnetic rings.
djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Zixinus wrote:
> I'd rather go with a warp drive. There are papers for them too.
>
> I don't think that something like the light-speed barrier can be
> so easily broken by a couple of spinning, magnetic rings.

Technically, light speed isn't violated by Heim. The speed of light
is redefined up in integer units (2, 3, 4...) Whatever percentage of
'c' you were travelling is preserved when the hyperdrive is turned
on (7% of 2*c = 14% 'normal' c). Assuming its correct.

Document archive for those interested:

http://www.hpcc-space.de/publications/documents/

The latest paper was presented at the Institut fur Grenzgebiete
der Wissenschaft in Austria, which I am told has a VERY good
reputation. Currently proposed validation experiments are simple,
so we should have results one way or the other within 1-3 years.

Even if only the "conventional" spacedrive works, the effects
would be... impressive.

Duane
SteveZ

Post by SteveZ »

It might not be ant stranger than blowing up a city by smacking two bits of a heavy metal together real fast (an atomic bomb)
denergyguy

Post by denergyguy »

As has been already said in this thread, The theory could be readily tested with technology that currently exists. I for one welcome our magnetic spinning, hyperspace jumping overlords.
Zixinus

Post by Zixinus »

"It might not be ant stranger than blowing up a city by smacking two bits of a heavy metal together real fast (an atomic bomb)".

I do not recall any city blown up while fiddling with heavy metals, so I think I'm safe.
djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Drew Ehlert wrote:
> As has been already said in this thread, The theory could
> be readily tested with technology that currently exists.

Work over the last 18 months actually makes it look
far easier than it did in early 2006.

> I for one welcome our magnetic spinning, hyperspace
> jumping overlords.

:)

Good news. If true.

Duane
denergyguy

Post by denergyguy »

I thought I should post an update. I found out awhile ago that UK scientists in the European Space Agency have generated gravity in the lab. It looks remarkably like the test device for Heim theory:
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/scientis ... 10282.html
djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Hauser & Tajmar have been in conversation for at least a year, IIRC. Per private communication w/Hauser, Tajmar has conducted quite a few additional experiments with promising results, but not verified to the anal-retentive degree of the released ESA findings.

EHT (Extended Heim Theory) was applied against the Tajmar results with good agreement, accounting for the gravitational force observed by Tajmar et al. Revised assessments based on Tajmar's findings have been included in the more recent Heim papers, massively reducing the requirements for the baseline experiment. IIRC, Tajmar cited EHT as a possible/probable mechanism in one of his latest papers.

http://www.hpcc-space.de/publications/

A promised peer-reviewed summary/detailed Heim paper was due out December of last year, but is late. Droscher & Hauser are running things very slowly, quietly & conservatively. I respect the approach. Downplay and run from any possible hype, accumulate supporting evidence gradually, do not kill credibility ala Pons-Fleischman.

Duane
Rafajafar

Post by Rafajafar »

Regarding that t-shirt analogy, that's not a warp drive... that's a worm hole.

A warp drive gains propulsion by creating a "wave" (or warp) of spacetime. The front of the ship is on the crest of that wave, the rear on the falling end. This causes matter from the ship to be pulled foward.

larry leins wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> I'm the only follower of this stuff at the group.
> But to do any good at it ...I had to have a "little background."
> Currently I'm graduating with 4 simultainious batchellor's degrees.
>
> The degrees?
>
> Glad you asked.
>
> Philosophy and Religion
> Physics
> Chemistry
> Mathematics
> Electrical Engineering
>
> I think you better go back to hyperdrive that I learned about in a Philip K Dick novel. (Rein of Pussy Foot, Blade Runner ect).
> Take your shirt ..
> mark a point on one side then run to a point across from it seperated by a distance.
> Fold the shirt until the first point meets the second and you have warp drive.
> It does not move faster than the speed of light.
> The traveler moves at a turtle's pace from one point to the other.
> It works by changing the geometry of the space time continium of the cloth in the shirt. It forms a shorter path by building a bubble that encloses the whole of the path while point a and point b are beside each other.
>
> Got it!
> GOOD!
>
>
> Damned all the BA paper pucky and still can't count!.
> LOL!
> Happy Fusoring!
> Larry Leins BA^5
> Fusor Tech >>>>>Sanity Checked for your Protection<<<<<
TJA

Post by TJA »

Zixinus wrote:
> I don\\'t think that something like the light-speed barrier can be so easily broken by a couple of spinning, magnetic rings.

To all the doubters in this thread who don't like the idea of faster than "light" travel.

The mistake you are making is that we haven't yet been able to measure the speed of light! as it exceeds the speed of time. What has been measured was the speed of time itself(originally mistaken for the speed of light) this is proved by the fact that "light" slows down within glass and other transparent materials and can be slowed to only a few mph and yet upon its exit from the material without the use of any extra energy accelerates to it's original speed. The only way that this can happen is if time is slower within the material thus the light isn't actually slowing down. So THEORETICALLY you could travel faster than time thus arriving at a location("light-years" away for the start point) moments after you left.

So you see FTL or rather FTT travel is possible, perhaps not easy but definitely possible.

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”