A Different Fusion Reactor

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Miras Absar

A Different Fusion Reactor

Post by Miras Absar »

For a couple of years now, I've been running Project OrangeSky. One of the Sub-Projects is HyperStorm, focusing on improving reactor technology.

So far, we've been able to achieve large amounts of fusion in fusion bombs, but not in reactors. What I've done is I've studied how rapidly compressing an ionized reactant can lead to fusion, similar to in a fusion bomb, and I've designed a reactor after it. I call it CORE (Centrally Oriented Reaction Environment). The way it works is simple, and I've attached a small graphic to help portray it.

In the graphic, the circular outlines depicts the boundaries of the fusion chamber. The lines pointing inwards are high power electromagnets.

Ionized fuel (nuclei with or without electrons) is pumped into the chamber. The outer electromagnet ring is polarized so that each has a South Pole inwards and a North Pole outwards. The electrons will cling to the northern pole, and the nuclei to the southern. Then the inner electromagnets are polarized so that the South Poles faces outwards, and the North Poles face inwards. The outer electromagnet ring is unpolarized, allowing the nuclei to the inner electromagnet ring. The polarities of the inner ring are then inverted, allowing the electrons to settle on the outward facing poles of the inner ring, and the nuclei in the center of the inner electromagnet ring, and fusion chamber. The outer electromagnet ring is then polarized, with the North Poles facing inwards and the South Poles facing outwards. At this point, the nuclei have settled in the center of the fusion chamber, on the magnetic lines of the inner electromagnet ring, but limited by the flux of the electromagnets. Then, the polarities of the inner electromagnet ring are inverterted, causing the nuclei to be forced inwards towards the exact center of the fusion chamber, possibly creating a fusion permitting environment.

The electromagnets during the entire process will remain hot, acting as a load in the electrical systems, so that no nuclei can loose energy to the electromagnets.

I will continue this thread with a cooling diagram that I have also worked out.
Attachments
CORE.png
Chris Bradley

Re: A Different Fusion Reactor

Post by Chris Bradley »

Miras Absar wrote:
> The outer electromagnet ring is polarized so that each has a South Pole inwards and a North Pole outwards. The electrons will cling to the northern pole, and the nuclei to the southern.

Do you make this statement with a full and complete knowledge of the physics of magnetic fields - that it is a crossed-product force? You do understand how a crossed-product force works, don't you? I have to say, it does sound like a concept that is a bit further up your learning curve, just at the moment.
Miras Absar

Post by Miras Absar »

Hey Chris! Hmmm, I see what your saying here. I'll take a look into it. Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it!

Best Wishes!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Here we go again.............

Read Carl's FAQ posting.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
RobertTubbs

Banhammer.

Post by RobertTubbs »

All the less than subtle hints ignored, basic physics cast-out and crackpottery fully embraced.

I petition for this imbecile's ban, and the removal of all the trite he's posted.

Fusor.net is not in need of pest-control, it's in need of a damn bug-bomb.

-RT
Rich Feldman

Re: Banhammer.

Post by Rich Feldman »

Robert,

I respectfully think you're being too harsh with a high school freshman.
Please don't be in a hurry to earn bully cred.

-Rich Feldman
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
RobertTubbs

Re: Banhammer.

Post by RobertTubbs »

Rich,

He's obviously a crank and fully out of touch with reality, at what point do we stop entertaining this garbage and send it to the trash then?

-RT
Carl Willis

Nah...

Post by Carl Willis »

Teh banhammer is reserved for conspicuously willful and deliberate misconduct. In my judgment that's not the case here.

This IS yet another frustrating instance of having to tell someone to raise his standards for information awareness before authoring a post. He's evidently confused or misinformed about the interaction of charged particles in magnetic fields (as Chris noted). It is my goal to see our contributors avail themselves of the physics references of first recourse, e.g. Hyperphysics, Wikipedia, and general physics textbooks, before posting. I would like to see more contributors understand that (barring the rarest of circumstances) one can't effectively leap into the realm of innovation without being firmly grounded in the basics. And I want desperately to get away from the use of this forum and the "Theory" forum as a sort of flypaper for nascent thoughts, to "see what sticks." My solution is to take a heavier hand in closing threads that don't meet prevailing standards before they snowball into free-for-all jabberfests. I will be stunning and sedating many such threads on sight.

And yes, if a person becomes a persistent nuisance, teh banhammer will fall (albeit probably silently in the pre-dawn hours, unbeknownst to any but the recipient).

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
RobertTubbs

Re: Nah...

Post by RobertTubbs »

Carl,

As you're the voice of reason, I defer to you - good enough for me.

-RT
David Housley

Post by David Housley »

Gee---I have a great idea of building a huge bussard collector in space to harness the solar wind, funnel the energy stream through superconducting magnetohydrodynamic rings, then beaming the power to earth via micowaves. We can service it by using the upcoming space elevator. C'mon, who's with me? I like science fiction as much as the next geek, but this is a REALITY based site to improve on science at an amature level by building on sound scientific principles and experimenting with new techniques. I propose a new requirement for posting---the laws of physics will be strictly enforced for any proposed discussion...anyone? Beuller?
Miras Absar

Re: Nah...

Post by Miras Absar »

Hey, Um thanks Carl, for clearing things up =) . I'll do what you say, and stop the irrelevant posts and replies. I really appreciate it! And I'll do my homework on particle physics =) .

Thanks Again!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

We are willing to accept the "laws of physics" being altered, ammended or broken. However, anyone claiming so must show up with physical proof and a working engine that shall suffer unmercifully due to our critical eye and incessant questions to which we will demand cogent answers based on laws of phsyics they have not claimed to have broken of altered. There is as much chance of that as doing power ready fusion. I've long ago stopped waiting for both.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”