Need some help from you smart fusion guys / Government Problems

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
NAG

Need some help from you smart fusion guys / Government Problems

Post by NAG »

Guys I am looking for a fusion process that yields all alpha or all beta emissions in the 4-10KEV range.

The government DARPA and I have been fighting over the Nuclear Accelerated Generator for 6 years now. It seems that DARPA has there eyes set on adding to our patent that is still pending. Its seems that there may be a fusion process that we missed in our patent.

I would appreciate any feedback. The NAG has an conversion rate of about 40-80% eff.

This may help you fusion people in that fact that the NAG is a none thermal type of device for power conversion.

Thanks
David Weber
Chris Bradley

Re: Need some help from you smart fusion guys / Government Problems

Post by Chris Bradley »

I think you might find that some of the electromagnetically mediated fusion reactions produce 'low energy' nuclear products, in addition to the hv that carries off *most* (but not *all*) the energy. Usually the nuclear binding energies are far too high for the strong-mediated reactions to release such slow products. But I think you might find that the D+D->4He+hv, for example, would produce an alpha with a few 10's of keV. That might not help, as it is a 1:26000 event compared with the 'usual high-energy-suspects'

Can you state the relevant patent numbers related to this, so I can have a look at the specifics you're asking for help on?
dbrown

Post by dbrown »

I have interacted with DARPA and as far as I have found over the years, they are not open to outsiders or ideas that are not approved by them already. As such, why are you asking relative to DARPA? What is your full name and company? If you want serious answers then please make it clear who you are and I would consider helping. The issue of a patent - will people here be cited properly?
NAG

Post by NAG »

HI Dennis, Company is Executive Engineering. Dennis this all started 7 years ago with DARPA they wanted a nuclear battery, so we applied for a patent, then the program manager got fired... then it sort of hung in limbo because of the patent being on security hold. Then they decided to take the patent off security hold 4 years later. Now we are fighting with the patent examiner "this is a primary examiner" not some average guy.... "DOD" examiner....

It seem that we have some how stepped into forbidden waters... at DARPA... DARPA has some game plan and knows more then they are telling and wants part of this patent that we have applied for. I did some more researching and figured out that it might be possible to use fusion power to run the device and I think that is what DARPA wants to patent.

I am trying to figure out just what type of nuclear product would yield fusion in the 4KEV to 1MEV range that produces either pure Beta or pure Alpha in those voltages ranges.

What ever this is. Its a big deal to DARPA....! Our website: Http://www.exec-eng.com
Dennis Brown wrote:
> I have interacted with DARPA and as far as I have found over the years, they are not open to outsiders or ideas that are not approved by them already. As such, why are you asking relative to DARPA? What is your full name and company? If you want serious answers then please make it clear who you are and I would consider helping. The issue of a patent - will people here be cited properly?
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Guys, DAVE showed up here in 2007 with fundamentally the same spiel---a cagey self-promotional pitch and links to his website (which is full of factual errors and pseudoscientific bunk and has not changed since). If the past is any indicator, a rehash now is not going to bring anything interesting to light.

My opinion is that fusor.net should not be used as a research service. We are an "open-source" forum whose scope is real experimental amateur nuclear fusion. In trying to answer these kinds of inquiries we encourage discussions that are off-topic, distant from our direct experience, rife with pseudo-expertise, and basically of no value. Research assistance for private gain falls into the spectrum of well-established commercial activity; my advice to DAVE is to hire a reputable consultant if he doesn't want to research his questions himself.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

David,

I have located your filed patent and reviewed the comments by the examiner.

Whether you have been fighting DARPA or not behind the scenes, it is clear that there is no reason to presume they have interfered with the patent process.

Your patent application was rejected because you were a) trying to re-invent the magnetron [viz. there is prior art] and b) that a cathode made of radioactive material just won't put out much power [viz. you have not disclosed a utility for it]. These seem pretty solid reasons for rejection and I don't think DARPA has got a thing to do with it. I cannot see any means to take advantage of fusion processes in this device.

I can see what you are trying to do and I think it might even work and be useful as some sort of low power long term battery, but I guess your patent agent either didn't care or wasn't bothered enough to help you form a robust patent on the idea.

Your patent has now had one non-final and two final rejections, for reasons of the patent specification and claims and noting to do with DARPA, so perhaps it is time you sacked your patent agents and found yourself someone who is actually interested in this stuff and capable of writing good patent claims that are sufficiently broad to capture the idea, but not so restrictive that they are easy to reject. Your not ging to get that here from amateurs, for the reasons Carl has just indicated.

Good luck with your idea.
NAG

Post by NAG »

Carl

I would like the fusion bunch to read this PDF that was done in 1975, I don't clam any of this...

Only you guys would know if this is correct. Carl don't be to hasty to just say no.. Isotopes I know, Fusion that a another whole story.

Http://www.talkatomic.com/pdf/MAG-1975.pdf this is big file 70 meg.

The fusion stuff is at the end of the file.

Carl it turns out that I have NDA's with one of the nuclear colleges and the atomic battery does in fact work with isotopes. The patent office and I are fighting over details.

You guys are the best in fusion, why would I go to someone else? Your forum is about Fusion? Right...!!!!!

Carl all I am looking for is a few simple answers on low energy fusion. This may be out of the normal stuff that you guys do. But I thought I would ask... ?
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

Carl,
you about said it all in nicely few words. They are coming out of the woodwork to me too -- if I'll just use my money and time to try their wild idea, well that would be really cool (to them, who of course will then think they still deserve all credit), and some of them don't seem to understand why we're here -- to share *results*, not baloney. Sigh.

EG, for all in this sort of thing -- go put your *own* time and money in and we'll be all ears, but if you won't research your own ideas, well, you obviously don't think they are worth it yourself, so why would we? Doh! Don't say you don't have time -- you always have time for what you think is important. Always.

It's not ideas we lack here -- it's proof of them *working*. And info on how *you* got that to happen.

Just like open source software works. The next guy adds on to your work, as I have to others work here, and then you *share* your improvements back so others can take another step, adding their special improvements, kind of like in a loop -- and we all keep getting better results without any one of us having to do it all alone. That's why we are here.

See the name of the forum. Why should we help *you* get a patent on something so we can't use it ourselves? Double duh.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”