An ITER project (EUFORIA) using a *fusor* image!! Priceless, absolutely priceless!! :)

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris Bradley

An ITER project (EUFORIA) using a *fusor* image!! Priceless, absolutely priceless!! :)

Post by Chris Bradley »

Just idling around the web I came across this website.

I'm speechless. Way way beyond just amusing - even *euphoric*??

http://www.euforia-project.eu/EUFORIA/portal.do?

Richard Hull

Re: An ITER project (EUFORIA) using a *fusor* image!! Priceless, absolutely priceless!! :)

Post by Richard Hull »

ITER got the really cool money. We have the really cool, satisfying fusion star images.

Amazingly, there is little, if any, fusion in that star, but they are beautiful and convey all the "right stuff" to the fusion starved brain. Wonder who they picked up the image from? They certainly did not get it from the ITER people.

I attach an old 13 ray star image in black and white from the old fusor III back in 1999. Stars abound in our work.

Richard Hull
Attachments
starbestB&W.jpg
starbestB&W.jpg (5.32 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
adrian.f.h

Re: An ITER project (EUFORIA) using a *fusor* image!! Priceless, absolutely priceless!! :)

Post by adrian.f.h »

Hi

Maybe I'm not the right person but well... This is Brian McDermott's fusion star isn't it?
I remember all those plasma images.

It's a strange behaviour to show something in the headline, that is not even part of what the website is dealing with. But probably that's normal behaviour and we only recognize it as those nice starmode images are something very familiar... to us.

I attached one of my photos for public purpose (soon on my website with higher resolution). Well ok it's not as nice as some others. I'm working on it.

Adrian
Attachments
P12000791.JPG
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

I think it is one of the Wisconsin images.
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

Well, since they are trying to address the sorry state of simulations -- no small thing, maybe we should cut them a tiny amount of SLAC(k). Heh. Or since ITER doesn't make fusion, maybe they wanted to go with something that works, rather....

Too many opportunities for cheap shots here, my brain may explode.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Its probably time to remind people to copyright their work
and to prove it, alter images subtley so they can prove ownership
putting an image up on the web doesn't give it to everyone to use as they will, but it is very hard to prove unless you can show the added artifact and the original
RobertTubbs

Post by RobertTubbs »

Yeah that's defiantly Brian's baby.

http://www.brian-mcdermott.com/prettystar.jpg

RT
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Well-traced, Robert.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

I guess in some ways better not to, if you don't mind, then these situations arise in which you can say "Hah! relying on amateur work, are we?!"

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”