In reply to zuo's recent post regarding ion recycling...

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Captain_Proton

In reply to zuo's recent post regarding ion recycling...

Post by Captain_Proton »

Mr. zuo, I too am a professional astronomer by trade (please note the spelling) degreed at the University of Hawai'i, currently pursuing an advanced degree in nuclear engineering. Difficult as it may be at times, I thoroughly enjoy my work in this field. I use AutoCAD 2005 and Solidworks 2004 on an almost daily basis, and I, too, would be interested in the program you are running to model ion paths in a fusor setup. I currently use SIMION - an ion path modeling program - one of the best around. We here in this forum are dedicated to the advancement of nuclear fusion and have, for many years now, been eagerly sharing our ideas and data amongst ourselves in the noble pursuit of this effort. If you feel you might have something to add to this discussion, please, by all means, do so, but please be aware that what we do here is not a joke or all fun and games. We are most serious in our efforts and always welcome all newcomers to join us, whether amateur or professional, and try to never be arrogant or greedy when we do so. Please keep this in mind. I have read all of your posts and you seem to be quite an interesting character. We welcome any and all of your ideas in the spirit of scientific research, and realize that there may be cultural and language barriers to understanding each other at times, but please, make no mistake, what we do here is indeed for real. If you still want to be a part of the team, by all means, hop on board, but what we do not want here is bashing or constant correction, for we have been at this for a while, and are not new to this. We know what we are doing. Please, feel free to continue to share your ideas to further our cause and we will do the same. It's what science is all about....
Starfire

Re: In reply to zuo's recent post regarding ion recycling...

Post by Starfire »

Well done! - a gracious reply which I second. :)
zuowei

Post by zuowei »

Thanks Captain and John
For D-D fusion, firing energy of D nuclears is larger than 120 KeV that according my results and Mean Free Path of D nuclear in a fusior can not meet the conditions.
So fusion reactor need to improve and may achieve in soon.
Please ask money make men to put money on it for a game.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

A fine effort Cap'n, Proton. A well crafted piece. Thank you for the not inconsiderable work and forethought you attended to in the post. Folks who take the time to respond as you did are, and always will be, appreciated.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Captain_Proton

Post by Captain_Proton »

Thank you, Richard... Aloha to all and happy new year!

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”