How to get $100's for one Fiestaware dish !

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Rich Feldman

How to get $100's for one Fiestaware dish !

Post by Rich Feldman »

Isn't it kind of sad to see a nice old Fiestaware specimen broken up on purpose, for sale at $4.36 per shard? I hope the first break was accidental. Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/320958612467
Attachments
fiesta_shards.jpg
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
RobertTubbs

Re: How to get $100's for one Fiestaware dish !

Post by RobertTubbs »

I find this offensive...
Richard Hull

Re: How to get $100's for one Fiestaware dish !

Post by Richard Hull »

There's a sucker born every minute and ten to take him! (P.T. Barnum)

This is real capitalism at work and virtual wealth in the making. More power to this entrepeneur. Probably 2 shards sold and all the rest is gravy.

I just couldn't bring myself to do this to one of my a collector fiestaware plates, though. In some places, the prices for original red-orange fiestaware has sky-rocketed to amazing levels. I saw a saucer with no cup going for $35.00 last weekend.

Fiestaware makes a great, hot, test source as it contains no radium and is a "sealed source" under the glaze. It is almost a pure beta source for GM purposes.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”