Any Interest in BTI Group Buy?

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Adam Ingle

Any Interest in BTI Group Buy?

Post by Adam Ingle »

Good day.

I am currently on the precipice of neutron production. As such, I am in need of a BTI detector. I have never purchased a BTI detector before, however I am interested in joining a group buy.

So, if there are any of you out there also interested or any one interested in arranging the purchases, please let me know.

Thank you all.

Adam
fpg

Re: Any Interest in BTI Group Buy?

Post by fpg »

I would gladly participate in such a group!

What is the minimal order amount from BTI?

Fredrik Parnefjord Gustafsson
Adam Ingle

Post by Adam Ingle »

It is my understanding that the minimum order is for 3 detectors and they're roughly $150 a piece. However I've also read that shipping and tax can be upwards of $150 additional.

With the price ball-parking around $600, you can see why wanted to test the waters for any interest on a group buy. Ha!

I would like to get an order pending in the next 2 weeks. However that will depend on the interest from other members.

My thought is that I would purchase the detectors and then redistribute to the other members once payment was received.

If you are interested, I will also need a shipping address to estimate the shipping cost to redistribute them. My shipping preference is UPS Next-Day. I have an enterprise account, so I can get a pretty good discount. After that, I will need a commitment to purchase. Once everything is in place and commitments are in order, I will place the order with BTI.

Thanks!

Adam

*** Correction *** The minimum order is 2.
bthoma

Post by bthoma »

I could use one.
"Design simplicity solves engineered complexity"
Nicker

Post by Nicker »

I've done it a couple times before here, if you have any questions email me.
I know what I placed the orderes they required the TaxID from my company to process the order(not sure if they will ship directly to you without it).

Shipping for me last time was 90$ for a small box with 4 detectors.

Tyler Christensen
Site Admin

Post by Tyler Christensen »

If someone wants to order without tax ID/a company, contact Pulcir, last I heard they will sell you BTI bubble dosimeters (you order it, they order it from BTI, mark it up ever so slightly, and send it to you... not a significant markup though).
Adam Ingle

Post by Adam Ingle »

Thank you for the information!

I was able to speak with my regional BTI distributor (Pulcir) last week and they quoted me at $150 per dosimeter and an estimated $80 for shipping/customs from BTI in Canada.

You are correct about the FEIN as well, though I didn't ask if they were able to ship to an individual as I came FEIN prepared.

From what I gather, the requirement FEIN for importing was established late 2009 according to a Census/Trade document in lieu of using a SSN.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/aes ... 09035.html

If anyone is interested in getting an FEIN as some of our suppliers require, it takes about 5 min to setup yourself as a Sole Proprietor and you can have your FEIN electronically when completed:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/art ... 67,00.html

(It's been discussed a few times already, but I thought I'd throw it in for completeness.)

Thanks again!

Adam
fpg

Post by fpg »

I´ve been away for some time and wonder if this BTI group buy is on hold or if someone already has bought the BTI detectors yet?

Fredrik Parnefjord Gustafsson
Adam Ingle

Post by Adam Ingle »

Fredrik,

Yes, unfortunately the purchase has already been placed. I may have an extra one depending on how things go. I will likely put up a "Trading Post" post if that is the case.

Thanks!

Adam

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”