Signal Processing Tutorials

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.

Signal Processing Tutorials

Post by guest »

Those wishing to design their own signal processing electronics for nuclear detectors might do well to steal over to www.physics.lbl.gov/~spieler, and do some heavy downloading. Contained there are some exquisitely detailed lecture notes in *.pdf format expounding on detectors and signal processing techniques for nuclear instrumentation. Spieler doesn't get into any real down and dirty circuit design details, but you definitely get some good ideas as to the direction you should be going, as well as how to avoid some common troubles regarding grounding and shielding.

Re: Signal Processing Tutorials

Post by guest »

Thanks for the heads up Richard, it's exactly the kind of info I'm after at the moment.

Post by guest »

Hi Richard, Is that url correct?? I'm having trouble accessing it

Post by guest »

I did find it after changing www.physics.lbl.gov/~spieler
to www-physics.lbl.gov/~spieler/

Post by guest »

Ahem, yes - my bad. I'll look closer next time. However, I think you'll find that the information was worth the hunt. That's www-physics.lbl.gov/~spieler/, for everyone else. The prize is a 190-odd page set of course notes in pdf format on signal processing for nuclear instrumentation. It's a 3Meg+ download...

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”