HV DC Supply Alternative

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

HV DC Supply Alternative

Post by Frank Sanns »

Although I cannot recommend it, this is one way to get power to at least get into the plasma club. Actually only 20 to 30 would be needed for glow at the right pressures.

http://youtu.be/8hwLHdBTQ7s

Frank Sanns
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
JakeJHecla

Re: HV DC Supply Alternative

Post by JakeJHecla »

I'm sorry, but this looks like an utterly terrible idea for a demo fusor supply. I can't tell if this post is in jest, so please forgive me if ruin the fun. I'd like to ward off any newbies thinking about trying this approach. To begin with, if improper batteries were selected ( lithium-ion cells for example) a difficult to control fire could break out. This would be both a fire risk and an electrical hazard rolled into one stick of flaming death. In addition, I fear that the apparent ease of construction of a 9V stack would appeal to newbies who have not yet mastered basic electronics. Their lack of knowledge combined with the hazards of this supply make for a potentially disastrous combination. That said, it does look fun in a "hold my beer and watch this" way.

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”