Anyone recognize this connector (Pfeiffer TC600 turbo controller)

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Jerry Biehler

Anyone recognize this connector (Pfeiffer TC600 turbo controller)

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Got a Pfeiffer turbo coming with a TC600 drive on it. Anyone know what connector it uses? I have only found one good pic online. Not the same pump in the pic but they use the same connector. I have seen these before but dont know where:
Attachments
PTPFUSNGDMS4.JPG
Jerry Biehler

Re: Anyone recognize this connector (Pfeiffer TC600 turbo controller)

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Found it. Hirschmann made it, G30W3F. Looks like a pain to get. Great...
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

I have a bunch of Pfeiffer stuff and yes, it's all very weird, hard to get, expensive connectors. But good quality, so once you're hooked up, they won't make troubles, or at least mine don't.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Worst thing is I have found two places that have them, Newark, who has them for about $4 except for a $20 handling fee to ship it from the UK, and a place in Texas that has them for $3 piece but they have a $50 minimum order. Plus it looks like the cold cathode gauge on the setup I bought uses the 6 pin version. Argh!

I picked up that Hiden HPR30 setup that was on ebay. Its missing most of the control electronics but the turbo controller is on the pump. A friend of mine who is a research scientist over at FEI said the fittings alone were worth the price. Maybe someday the control box will show up for the RGA. But until then I can mount my Dycor in its place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1182

Now I need to find a diaphragm pump that can get down to better than 7.5 torr so I can have a dry system!
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

If it's much cheaper for them to ship to a UK address then, if you like, you can have them send it to me if we can find a suitable snail-mail route.

I might offer you the little pump I bought recently viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1023#p7626 but looks like I might want it. Not sure yet, currently 'stocked' for future ventures! If you find nothing, come back and ask me in a month or two. This sucked my 20 litre chamber down to the rated 3 mbar in minutes. Very effective pump.

Is that pump you bought one of those new type with the controller built in? Maybe you just need to tie up a couple of the pins, and so you might do that with plain crimp connectors.
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Jerry,

My workshop is at Newark. Would you like me to collect it when I'm next there?

Ash
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Ash, thanks for the offer, but I meant Newark Electronics.

Chris, if you do decide to sell it the shipping would probably be murder! Nice pump though. PLus I am going to be broke for a bit after buying that setup!

Ugh... Why do I always pick the expensive hobbies???

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”