fusor version 0.8 and a bit

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
UG!

fusor version 0.8 and a bit

Post by UG! »

i have implemented several large improvements in my fusor recently. the most importent of which was the installing of a propper conflat reducer for the turbo pump. i now have much more controll over the preasure and flow rate through the fusor, and there is much less danger of bits of molten grid ending up in the spining turbo pump. the pipe going off to the left is an RGA which hopefully oneday i will aquire or make a controler for, so i can actuialy use it.

pumped down to 17 microns today (or so my unclaibrated baratron said) some hefty outgassing going on, as is to be expected after such a lenghty downtime.

the main chamber remains the same for now, with the underside blanked off with a large alluminium blank (yes, i know i will die a painfull death at the hands of the greater vacuum deity for useing alliminum) the chamber is still somewhat of a prototype, as soon as i am more clear on what i want my requirments are, i will obtain a propper conflated chamber, which will now easily attach to the pumping system.

the detuerium handeling system will be compleated shourtly with several developments i'm shour people will be interested in. also i am working on a data aquisition system, based on an ISA card that will be home-buildable

i still require a photomultiplier tube and a better PSU :/

Oliver :)
Attachments
tn_whole.jpg
Richard Hull

Re: fusor version 0.8 and a bit

Post by Richard Hull »

Cool!

I have never seen an entire vac system supported on top of a turbo pump! Usually it is the other way around. (Pump dangles off an SS line or sits under it all.)

Good luck in your continued efforts with fusion.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
UG!

Re: fusor version 0.8 and a bit

Post by UG! »

actuialy alot of the weight of the chamber is taken by the dexian frame you can just about see in the pic. it would all have toppeled over otherwise. the dexian also gives me somewhere to tie wires to so they don't trail about too much :)

Oliver

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”