(Back to) The Future Is Prologue (CS24)

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

(Back to) The Future Is Prologue (CS24)

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

As I suspect you all know by now, I made a presentation at a conference called "The Cosmic Summit" last weekend.

Most of the topics covered at this event addressed 'ancient civilizations, catastrophic impacts, sacred geometries and magic plasmoids.'

From that perspective I was quite the outlier.

My talk was a concerted effort to find the common thread between the two books I've written and how they lead me to the "missing pieces of mankind's cosmic destiny." It all started falling together when I realized it's my own personal story.

The presentation was livestreamed. I was given access to the livestream and had to 'screen record' it, and then edit it somewhat, so that I could come up with a stand-alone version to share with my legion of followers. Here's the hidden result on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIvCvE7a70

It turns out I have kind of "jumped the gun" with this: the promoter of the event is still offering (paid) access to the livestreams, and will eventually deliver me a higher-resolution file that I will be free to distribute, but I wanted to have this rendition to share in the meantime. The video is 'unlisted' on YouTube so please don't spread it about injudiciously.

I can hardly wait to hear what y'all have to say...

--PS
Attachments
Prologue_16x9-v2_600.jpg
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Re: (Back to) The Future Is Prologue (CS24)

Post by Richard Hull »

Paul you were not out of place at the conference. Like many there, you had a point of connection and conveyed your message and hopes and dreams to a very similar audience.

Many there had fanciful dreams and stories related to them. Your story was once of a closely held almost philosophical dream sequence related to two men, neither of which delivered their ultimate final dream product to man....fusion and a form of antigravity. But then, this was not a scientific conclave of scientific minds. It appears to have been a conclave of hopeful, imaginative people who had closely held beliefs and dreams based on their life experiences. In this, it appears to have been worth it at the level where sharing thought, hopes and dreams was a productive effort.

I am sure, many took home a lot of food for thought and that is a good thing, in the end.

Other than a few faux pas, your deliver was brilliant. Einstein in e=mc^2 did not link mass and gravity, but mass and energy. The chicago pile was not the first example of controlled fusion, but fission. I get these terms, fission/fusion, mixed constantly in my posts and later catch them and correct them. (often years after posting and re-reading).

As a retired electronics engineer and amatuer physicist. I was and still am forced by convention to accept many aspects of physics which seem absolutely wrong headed to me, who as a reasoning being feels I am having my leg pulled by the priests of a scientific religious cult some of which seems based on mysticism and dreamed up crap for which there is no physical embodiment.

When I was in college, and studying Maxwell's equations, several of my fellows and I asked about two things dreamed up by Maxwell to make his equations work that had no physical embodiment.

The vector potential which lay outside conductors that carriers all the electrical energy from source to load at the speed of light.
The displacement current which lay within all charging/discharging capacitor plates even in the void of space.

These two dreamed up items in Maxwell's equation are absolutely necessary to make all electrodynamic calculations work!!

We used to say, if you believe in a God, you must believe in the vector potential and the displacement current.

I am doubtful of much of our understanding at the core of physics when some of it is based on..."Its just gotta' be there or things don't work out in the math".

By the way, bent space-time does not cause gravity. The presence of ponderable mass causes gravity and this warps space-time. No chicken and the egg conundrum here. You got that wrong, too.

There you have it...My thought on you speech and some of my issues with modern electrodynamics as taught to me in my youthful college days.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Richard Hull wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 pm Paul you were not out of place at the conference. Like many there, you had a point of connection and conveyed your message and hopes and dreams to a very similar audience... I am sure, many took home a lot of food for thought and that is a good thing, in the end.
I think this is where we cue Einstein, that "imagination -v- knowledge" quote you see all too often.
Other than a few faux pas, your deliver was brilliant. Einstein in e=mc^2 did not link mass and gravity, but mass and energy. The Chicago pile was not the first example of controlled fusion, but fission.
I cringed when I heard "fusion" there in the playback... I think my mouth just broke. And yeah, if I said "gravity" and not "energy" then... probably my brain broke, too.
I was and still am forced by convention to accept many aspects of physics which seem absolutely wrong headed to me, who as a reasoning being feels I am having my leg pulled by the priests of a scientific religious cult some of which seems based on mysticism and dreamed up crap for which there is no physical embodiment.
Heh. I love that analogy, the high priests of physics and the high priests of religion... all pretty much making it up as they go along.

Was it Feynman who famously (?) said "if you think you understand quantum mechanics, then you haven't understood a thing."?

There is also a great line in a movie about Moe Berg (The Catcher Was A Spy) that summarizes Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principal by saying "that's physics way of saying we don't understand anything."

So we're fortunate that we understand enough of electromagnetism that it has given us television and the Internet and...oh, wait.... 🤔🤣
We used to say, if you believe in a God, you must believe in the vector potential and the displacement current.
That's great, I think you have nailed the Unified Field between science and religion.
By the way, bent space-time does not cause gravity. The presence of ponderable mass causes gravity and this warps space-time. No chicken and the egg conundrum here.
I think I get that but... well, I still don't quite get how the 'curvature of spacetime' keeps our feet on the ground. I think that's where Brown asserted that 'gravity is a push not a pull' but the question remains "what's doing the pushing?"
You got that wrong, too.
"wrong, too"? What else was wrong - the parts above (energy not gravity, fission not fusion) where my mouth broke?
There you have it...My thoughts on your speech and some of my issues with modern electrodynamics as taught to me in my youthful college days.
Thanks for taking the time to watch the whole thing.

As I've said too many times, "it's a wonder any of this works."

But I usually only say that when it's not working.

--PS

[/quote]
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

What you got wrong "too" was your statement in your speech that warped space-time causes gravity. I included that in the sentence where I corrected that mass causes gravity and not warped space time.
Warped space-time is a dead giveaway that there is mass there, without which there is no warped space-time and thus, no gravity in existence there.
Mass locks down all forces, electromagnetic, strong and weak forces to force gravity into existence, warping space time. Let that one sink in....

All forces are balled in matter!! They only show themselves when neutral matter is, dissected, or grossly interfered with.

1. When mass is messed with to create charged matter particles in uniform motion in a closed circuit, we get....magnetism
2. When mass is messed with to create charged matter particles in accelerated/decelerated motion we get....electromagnetism...Light, X-rays, etc.
3. When unstable radioactive matter beta decays we get, and uncover the..... weak force.
4. When we do fusion or fission with matter, we are either using energy to force into action or releasing the the long stored energy in matter as the....strong force.

Ball all these forces up in neutral matter and you create gravity creating a dent in the idealized flat sheet of space-time. To say these forces exist in the universe without matter is the folly of a fool. The forces are here because of matter.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

No need to repost any of my comments from the "Foil Hat" thread since, in many ways, my comments better fits under that header far better ;)

Richard, your issue with the Vector Potential is a great point (and one that has certainly bothered me once I became aware of it only recently) - this potential has, apparently, both perplexed physicist/EE types and violated Maxwell's assumption, yet should not. This was discovered when it effects on electrons in the double slit experiment still occurred even when the arrangement of the coils/shield guaranteed that the vector potential field could not exist (was zero) where the electrons were propagating. Finally, real spooky action at a distance!

While I do believe this can be explained via a new theory, to date, it has not been. I also speculate that this does have a deep connection with gravity. But again, a rabbit hole that currently (I think a pun there) doesn't need Alice to explore, as of yet.

As for matter creating gravity - certainly yes, but the action is not as obvious as one would hope - the mass follows/is directed by space/time curvature in its path to follow. Hence, there is no force created by matter; however, I am in the camp that it is matter that ultimately causes all the effects. Without answering what space-time curvature really is, current approch to physics is just a mathematical statement, not an explanation.
Ignorance is what we all experience until we make an effort to learn
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Yes, matter contains and causes everything. Quanta can't exist without matter for it is only in matter that all quantum effects are generated and the effects felt, entangled or seen. No matter, then no quantum effects, no photons real or virtual.

Quantum effects, local or at great distances via entanglement, are all matter related via that well spoken, spooky action at a distance. Inertia is as spooky as gravity in its nature which I believe connects all matter in the universe. A strange thing, inertia, it doesn't like mass to move about via a sudden change in motion! It is a universal resistance to jerky change, (acceleration/deceleration) in motion of all matter, related to its mass.

Is inertia a function of mass being extant in space time attempting to stretch it or a function of the reactive forces within matter itself? Yet in uniform motion all inertia disappears as if the universe has acclimatized itself to the matter in smooth motion or the reactive forces within matter, itself, feel no need to resist smooth motion.

Lotsa' stuff to weight and consider. The mysterious nature of gravity and inertia are tied to matter and it to the universe in a manner yet to even be glimpsed by our science, but not our imaginations.

Richard Hull

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”