Let me introduce myself...

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Christopher Collins

Let me introduce myself...

Post by Christopher Collins »

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and this is what I know.
Neutron creation formula : 1 1/7 proton + 1 electron = 1 neutron. Proof is n - p = x/p. Positive and negative electrical charges cancel out.
By atomic weight,
p = proton = 1.68 x 10 negative 24.
e = electron = 9.11 x 10 negative 28.
n = neutron = 1.92 x 10 negative 24.
Meaning, for proof : 1.92 - 1.68 = .24 / 1.68 = 1/7.
Using this creation formula : For every 8 proton - electron pairs, I can get 7 neutrons and 1 electron. Fuel type is Protium Hydrogen ( 1 proton and 1 electron per atom ) . The remaining electron is significant for the negative charge it has while the ionized Protium plasma used utilizes a positive charge.

Hot Fusion has two types to it, Low Order Fusion and High Order Fusion. The difference between the two types is one creates new neutrons ( High Order ) and the other doesn't ( Low Order ) . The two types are also known as : Low Order = Thermal Fusing of Isotopes which uses heat and pressure to physically combine isotopes such as Deuterium and Tritium, with or without a Lithium booster into Helium - " heat & squeeze " . High Order = electrical arc fusing of ions into heavier particles - combining protons, proton fragments and electrons by electric arc into neutrons. Both orders occur in a vacuum and under magnetic containment.

Using Protium Hydrogen plasma as my fueltype, I can use High Order Fusion to create neutrons which are then shot through multiple layers of ionized plasma to create Deuterium which is then, using Low Order Fusion, combined to create Helium. There's more to it, but, that's Fusion in a nutshell.

I've even got the reactor technology designed for this method of achieving Fusion and it's called Ouroboros.

Any questions?

For the record, I've approached Fusion from the point of view of an Engineer, not a scientist. Engineers make things work while scientists explain how something should work.
Liam David

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Post by Liam David »

"n - p = x/p"
"8 proton - electron pairs, I can get 7 neutrons and 1 electron"
"low order fusion"
"high order fusion"
"proton fragments"
"electrical arc fusing of ions"

I think these speak for themselves.

When science overwhelmingly demonstrates the impossibility of your ideas, ignore it and pretend engineering magic and your sole brilliance will get you there anyway.
William Turner

Post by William Turner »

I have two questions, Christopher:

Is Denali Fusion Solutions LLC your company?

and

What are your thoughts on Ronald Richter, villain or genius?

Thanks, Will
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

First, an introduction is exactly that - a place simply to introduce yourself. This is not a place to talk about fusion ideas. Second, your belief that you alone have the great insight and a breakthrough idea for successful fusion is very typical of newbie posters - so your certainly not alone in this type of posting. However, your approch is extremely pointless and hardily something you should post on a forum where serious fusion is discussed and also performed.
Christopher Collins

My apologies Mr. Brown, I was asked questions and it seemed appropriate to answer them.
Serious Fusion? I thought I was being quite serious, especially with the decades of observations I've got regarding this field - i started when I was 7, I'm 48 now. Watching what has been happening through every scrap of news the media published that I could get my hands on or come across helps keep me informed on what is current. I started checking off what works and what doesn't while in solitude. And yes, I was going to school to be a Fusion Engineer.
One observation I've made is the most successful Fusion reaction known is the one at the center of our solar system called the Sun that uses Protium Hydrogen as it's fuel type. Second observation is the most successful demonstration of Fusion on our planet comes in the form of thermonuclear weapons. But this type of Fusion doesn't lend itself to sustainability due to the uncontrolled burst of released energy when detonated. Third observation is that all other methods for attempting Fusion demonstrated so far have problems involving either how to keep the reaction going, i.e. fuelled, fuel type to make fusing elements easier because of neutron deficiency in their formula or method of operation among other problems not listed.
My approach has been a holistic one that takes into account a lot. For example, plasma : Plasma has the properties of both a gas and liquid so studying Aerodynamics and Hydrodynamics is quite useful in determining how plasma should move. Studying the physical properties of materials tells me that plasma, when in motion, generates a magnetic field that can aid in containment - if the magnetic containment field surrounding the plasma is the same polarity as the plasma, likes repel.
To understand the type of Fusion I'm describing requires a minimum of : Nuclear Engineering, Materials Engineering and Electrical Engineering degrees. UNR Reno quoted me needing the first two for their program, I had to add the third one to understand Faraday's Law of Electromagnetic Induction and how it applies.
Hope this helps a bit.
Christopher Collins

Mr. Turner, yes, Denali Fusion Solutions LLC is mine.

Ronald Richter seems like he should be put in the same category as Pons - Fleischmann Cold Fusion hypothesis, unworkable to say the least.
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Hi Christopher -

Welcome to the forums.

Glad your second response actually answered the questions you were asked, as your first attempt certainly did not.

Want to really learn about fusion? (And many other things along the way.)

Build a fusor that makes neutrons, and post about what you learn as you go.

My 2 cents.

Joe.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Wind over the decks....Just wind over the decks.

The wind blew and the s_ _ t flew and that is how fusion startups are born.

Ideas that never see hardware and, in a few cases, hardware that never sees fusion. If some hardware does fusion it has a true Q of <<<1.0

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

This is NOT a site that supports wild and unscientific speculation on a topic that is not accessible to laymen. If you want to participate here then do as Joe recommended.

I am trying to be polite but seriously, you need to rein in the speculation and stop trying to explain high school level physics concepts (filled with errors) to people here that have actual knowledge of the field.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

It is all about doing and measuring and reporting accurate results here. Ideas are great, but until an idea is tested and proven to the satisfaction of a critical audience of people who have, themselves, done fusion and proven to have done it that gets you street creds here.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Liam David

Post by Liam David »

Regarding the most recent response:

"the most successful Fusion reaction known is the one at the center of our solar system"
Yes, but consider the fusion energy density, and the pressure in the solar core. Also consider the following:
cross sections.png
Protium fusion at any non-negligible scale is not possible on earth. Proton-proton fusion is also a multi-step process, unlike all potentially feasible terrestrial fusion reactions.

"plasma, when in motion, generates a magnetic field that can aid in containment"
This is not true in general. Net currents generate magnetic fields, not moving plasma. Bulk plasma will ambipolar drift which is a current-free process. Currents in a plasma quickly decay unless sustained, hence the need for a center solenoid in tokamaks.

"if the magnetic containment field surrounding the plasma is the same polarity as the plasma, likes repel"
This is a nonsense statement. Magnetic pressure can repel a plasma, but can also lead to instabilities and loss of confinement. Polarity in this context is meaningless and only determines the chirality of charged particle motion along field lines.

Regarding the introductory post:

"For every 8 proton - electron pairs, I can get 7 neutrons and 1 electron"
This violates charge conservation and baryon number conservation. These are fundamental in constructing the Standard Model Lagrangian. You also cannot ignore mass-energy equivalence.

"Hot Fusion has two types to it, Low Order Fusion and High Order Fusion"
There exists no such distinction.

"Low Order = Thermal Fusing of Isotopes which uses heat and pressure to physically combine isotopes such as Deuterium and Tritium"
This is a borderline meaningless statement. Relative kinetic energy causes fusion via enhanced quantum tunneling or just direct overcoming of the electrostatic+strong barrier. Your emphasis on heat and pressure "physically combining" isotopes indicates that you do not understand the physics at all.

"High Order = electrical arc fusing of ions into heavier particles - combining protons, proton fragments and electrons by electric arc into neutrons"
By "proton fragments" you mean quarks? No, that's not how QCD interactions work. Electric arc fusion? There is already another forum user who is convinced their special electric arc device will create fusion.

"neutrons which are then shot through multiple layers of ionized [protium] plasma to create Deuterium"
The n-p cross section, especially at MeV energies, is very low. Also, proton fusion does not create any free neutrons.

"I've even got the reactor technology designed for this method of achieving Fusion and it's called Ouroboros."
Show me your perpetual motion machine while you're at it.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I had my doubts about approving this first post, and decided to err on the side of non-descrimation.

So thanks to all the regulars who chimed in here for having the patience and forbearance setting the record straight.

May this serve as an object lesson to the next newcomer who wants introduce themselves in such a manner.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Christopher Collins

Hey Moderators, I seem to have some issue with timing out.

Meanwhile, good morning everyone,

1. Liam David, I could use a science advisor. Are you game?

2. Richard Hull, thanks for the advice regarding startup companies and their first year. My initial efforts are now 5 years even if the business side is new.

3. Joe Ballantyne, outside of what I owe my team for their efforts, there's no outside money taken for this project or company.

4. Moderators, thanks for the time on this network. I really appreciate it. Can we get this moved to a more appropriate topic?
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Christopher -

My reply to this thread said absolutely nothing about whether you got outside money or not. Not quite sure why you thought it did, or why you addressed that part of your latest reply to me. I couldn't care less about who is funding your work.

The topic of this thread was entirely yours. If you think the topic is not appropriate, you have only yourself (and your unscientific and unsubstantiated fusion ideas) to blame.

Kudos to Liam for setting the record straight.

I stand by what I said before. Want to REALLY LEARN about fusion? Build a fusor, and get it to work.

You WILL learn many things. All of them useful.

I think you will also find, that folks will be a little more accommodating of any wild or incorrect theories you may still retain after doing so, because you will have actually built something, and discussed it, and your results. You are not the first person on fusor.net to have their own wild theories...

You certainly won't be the last.

Build something. Do real experiments, and discuss your results on this board.

Please.

Joe.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

To add to Joe's comments, make sure to get good electronics and nuclear instrumentation to help prove your point. More importantly, learn how to use it with some skill. Just because one has a lot of high class gear, doesn't mean they can use it wisely, to advantage. Experiment and reports on them with insufficient data due to poor data collection and presentation might as well have not been done to begin with.

Richard Hull
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Study can save you time and money. So, maybe best to study more nuclear physics, too.

Mastering a neutron detector is difficult w/o a neutron source that has enough 'flux' to make the measurement easy to detect. So building a real fusor and mastering neutron detection is vital before trying other ideas that require a working neutron detector.

(Repost revision)
Last edited by Dennis P Brown on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I appreciate all you guys being patient and forbearing with this noob.

Thank you.

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”