IEC Fusion Records

A place to keep track of reference material - any particularly useful books, articles, etc. should be listed here.
Liam David

IEC Fusion Records

Post by Liam David »

Just for reference, these are the highest D-D neutron yields I've found in the literature for a typical glow discharge device. Screenshot from https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-024-52173-6

iec records 2.png
Richard Hull

Re: IEC Fusion Records

Post by Richard Hull »

15kw, 20kw and 6.4kw power supplies needed to do this work respectively. Wow! We are way out of that league!
I have run up to 1kw on one occasion but my best runs are at about 45kv@ 16ma, (720 watts)

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite »

Amazing that they did not fry their grids. I don't dare go above 1 KW input on my fusor.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

These are not wire grids. They use machined pieces and flat washer type grids.

Larger diameter plasma electrodes also allow for much higher power inputs. Pointed electrodes individually can also be configured to be not such a point and get some pretty high powers. See Sanns and Rosenstiel respectively.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS

Return to “Books & References”