Pretty little recycle icons over the tomb of the dead

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull

Pretty little recycle icons over the tomb of the dead

Post by Richard Hull »

I just noted, little green recycle icons in the "for sale section" of stuff that I deleted long ago via the rules
Clicking on those show that I killed them with no real text of what was offered for sale?? Why ?
All that is there are the highly suggestive and hopeful titles to make 'em salivate over nothing there.
It appears some "new thing" is going on.

Oh,
Same goes for the "wanted" section

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: Pretty little recycle icons over the tomb of the dead

Post by Frank Sanns »

That gives you a glimpse of what we administrators see all the time across all of the forums. You have been spared all this time. Some minor things were changed on the most recent site update I will change things, so you no longer have to look at those recycled items. I’ll take care of it by the end of the day.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I figured it was part of an update or rework. Thanks, Frank.
any way to move the rules to the top slot and lock it. Currently it is at the end. However, I chop out the old stuff and it used to go invisible. Most of the time in the new more trimmed for sale and wanted forums the rules are visible at the bottom of the 1-5 active posts that haven't been timed out or due for deletion. So, if it is a hassle to move and lock to the top of these forums forget it as the rules will show when the recycles go bye-bye.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Richard,

Frank beat me to it, but as I suspected, what you are seeing is a function of the updated platform and your 'admin' status.

FWIW, this what regular users see in the 'For Sale' forum:
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.14.22 PM.png
Frank and I are both learning how to use the new admin tools. He's got a better handle on it than I do right now so I'll defer to him making the necessary adjustments for your viewing experience.

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Ah, thanks indeed Perfesser. I just worried that others were seeing that long list of deletions. I feel that neither of those forums should ever need a second page. Too much stuff use to linger there. So I purge it regularly for out of date stuff.

Richard Hull
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

What? now my reply posts have to be approved??
What ever was done now makes my posts have to be approved by a moderator.
Frank put me back as the head moderator.

Tried to reply in a "cube or two" thread in images du jour and was locked out with a pink bar telling me it had to be approved before anyone would read it!

Richard Hull
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

I have no idea why your posts needed to be approved. That is bizarre to me. The changes I made were related to soft deletes so you would no longer see the previously deleted posts.

The only other change was removal of you from the New User Group which I have no idea why you had/have to be part of during the update this past week. Global Moderator is your default group and that should give you the hierarchy. You are now Group Leader of the New User Group again. Let me know if that restores your ability to post again.

Even that is strange as you should have exceeded the three post limit and been allowed to post without approval. Very strange.

IN short, I undid everything I had done in the log so things are now as they were before we talked last night. The exception is the Rules were moved to the top of the For Sale and Wanted forums and some of those older posts have been deleted as you requested.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
thecoalman

Post by thecoalman »

The little green icon is posts that have been "soft deleted", they are only viewable to moderators. There will be check box to permanency delete a topic, if it's not present then you didn't have permissions to fully delete. Optionally you can create trash forum to move them too to avoid clutter.
Frank Sanns wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:41 am The only other change was removal of you from the New User Group
I think I forgot to send him PM about this. He was set as "Group Leader". For that group the leaders are exempt from the permissions so that has no bearing on post approvals for his account. The purpose of setting him as "Group Leader" is so can manually remove someone from that group through the User control Panel.

Richard, User Control Panel >> Usergroup tabs >> Manage group link on left >> Manage Users link on right.

You'll have a list of Newly registered members, if you wanted to fast track someone out the the post approval you can remove them from the group.
Global Moderator is your default group

Default group has no bearing on permissions, it's ornamental. It only changes how how someone appears on the forum, specifically the color and title. If you add someone to the moderators group and don't set it as their default they are still moderators.

----------------------------

Any questions or something doesn't make sense just fire away.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I will check to see if this reply needs to be approved.

Richard Hull

Great! went through fine with no approval needed.

RH

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”