Driver for high frequency transformer

This is the place for your wish list. Let people know what you are looking for. They may have what you want or know somebody that does.
Matt_Gibson

Driver for high frequency transformer

Post by Matt_Gibson » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going the high frequency transformer plus CW multiplier route. I have the transformer, but need a way to drive it up to 1kW with proper control. I could slop something together on breadboards, but really want this to look well put together with quality components.

Thanks!
Matt

Rich Feldman

Re: Driver for high frequency transformer

Post by Rich Feldman » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 am

Hate to be the pedantic one, but that post is all statements. No apparent question or request.

If you find my 2013 or 2014 thread about Bennett x-ray transformer tanks,
there's reference to scratch-built driver for same thing, by reader named Muhammad Faidzul.

There are dozens of driver circuits described in this forum, findable with search tool and perseverance.
Here's one presented on another forum.
https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php? ... 7#msg13467
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box

Matt_Gibson

Re: Driver for high frequency transformer

Post by Matt_Gibson » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:58 am

I should clarify that I’m looking for something already built. I could buy something on eBay or Amazon, but it’s all of questionable quality from China (zvs/royer).

I could design a pcb, assemble, test, but have little free time for all that.

As an example, Easternvoltageresearch has a “universal flyback driver” but it looks to be really underpowered. I could probably modify that one to use much larger IGBTs or MOSFETs, but would rather go for something already done.

-Matt

Return to “Items wanted”