Looking to buy LARGE vacuum chambers

This is the place for your wish list. Let people know what you are looking for. They may have what you want or know somebody that does.
RobertMendelsohn

Looking to buy LARGE vacuum chambers

Post by RobertMendelsohn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 am

Hello,

Does anyone have any large (at least 8" in all directions unobstructed) vacuum chambers that they'd like to sell?
Or perhaps trade for some more rare cryogenics equipment I have? I'd like a really large chamber for an upcoming experiment.

Sincerely,

Robert

Justin Fozzard

Re: Looking to buy LARGE vacuum chambers

Post by Justin Fozzard » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:59 am

Hello Robert,
I have some large chambers that might be suitable, however I'm based in the UK so shipping might be a problem.
Along with a stainless chamber about 8" dia by 10" tall, I have a couple of very heavy ex-electron micoscope chambers about 12" dia by 15" tall. My largest chamber is 2ft dia x 4ft long and weighs over 500Kg, probably far too big to ship.
Do you need the chamber to be non-magnetic?

I'd also be very interested to find out more about your proposed experiment.

Regards,
Justin Fozzard

RobertMendelsohn

Re: Looking to buy LARGE vacuum chambers

Post by RobertMendelsohn » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply. Your 2ft x 4ft diameter chamber is of interest; is it made of a steel that has a relative magnetic permeability as close to 1 as possible? I will need to be able to subject it to rather sizable pulsed electromagnetic fields >1T, so non-interference is required. Do you know an order-of-magnitude estimate for shipping for a 500kg chamber to the port of Houston?

I am studying highly-magnetized plasma and ion beams.

Sincerely,

Robert