Resonat Chamber

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Monroe Lee King Jr

Resonat Chamber

Post by Monroe Lee King Jr »

Thinking about a resonate chamber design for a fusor. I think we can resonate the electrons or the ions depending on the design. I'd like to focus the resonance in the center of the chamber perhaps. I know they used lenses in the implosion bomb to focus the implosion I don't see why we cant use magnetic lenses to do pretty much the same thing.

Monroe
Today's the Day! We go into Space!
Monroe Lee King Jr

Re: Resonat Chamber

Post by Monroe Lee King Jr »

Perhaps we can match the resonance to the distance between the lines of magnetic flux and use the lines of flux like a diode to pump the ions or electrons toward the center? Every magnetic field has lines of flux and they are a certain distance apart depending on the strength of the magnetic field and proximity to the source.
Today's the Day! We go into Space!
Mike Veldman

Re: Resonat Chamber

Post by Mike Veldman »

I did some playing many years back with RF generated plasmas in a vacuum. Along those lines, as a thought experiment only, I've thought about containing a fusion possier in an RF field. My reoccurring daydream is two or three matched microwave oven magnetron, waveguides, variable power supplies all focused into a vacuum chamber. Not unlike the ion gunned fusor concept. So far just a thought experiment, I have tried hooking my grids to some test equipment to try to determining possible frequencies of operation, because they seem to resonate a little differently than the antenna calculations. Sidetracked for now, responsibilities of adulthood, something else shiny (doesn't even have to be shiny to distract me as a rule though) passed by, adult onset ADD and the like, but retirement is looming so I'll keep collecting parts and ideas. The resonant idea is interesting to consider though, don't know a good reason why, it just does.

mike
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”