Inner Grid Questions

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Jack Rosky

Inner Grid Questions

Post by Jack Rosky »

hello,
I am Jack Rosky. I have always had trouble figuring out how to connect the HV to the inner grid. If someone would please help. It would be greatly appreciated. I am using the "blender ball" inner grid from a recent post. I don't know if a spark plug would work or if there is something else I need.
Sincerely,
Jack Rosky
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
-Issac Newton
Tom McCarthy

Re: Inner Grid Questions

Post by Tom McCarthy »

The diagram should clear most of it up I think - You're building a fusing Fusor yes? I'm pretty sure you just weld the feedthrough to the grid somehow once it's inside the chamber.
Hv Diagram.jpg
Tom
Jack Rosky

Post by Jack Rosky »

Oh sorry I did not make it clear. I am building a demo fusor. My hope is in four years, by senior year in high school, is that I will have a fusing Fusor. Sorry for the confusion. I was just wondering because I was looking at feedthroughs and they were expensive. Is there an inexpensive way to get the HV into the chamber. Like having an alligator clip clip onto a piece of metal coming down, then I insulate the metal so I don't electrocute myself. Once again sorry I am kind of bad with setting up electronics and such.
Thanks,
Jack Rosky
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
-Issac Newton
Tom McCarthy

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Jack, to be honest with ya I'd say I'm at least worse than you at wiring...

Tom
Jack Rosky

Post by Jack Rosky »

Tom,
Thanks anyway. I guess I'll try something and hope it works :)
jack
-Issac Newton

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”