mentor

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
preston

mentor

Post by preston »

I'm only 13 and I need a mentor to help me with technical issues, probably just over the internet or phone(if not, I live in Southeast Texas). I thought this would be the best place to ask, because most professors or other adults/people that would be able to help me would see me as some kid with an ambitious project that's never gonna happen.However, I knew the adults on this site treat teenage fusioneers as other scientists and not children.
Thanks for your time and consideration,

Cade Pellerin
Mike Veldman

Re: mentor

Post by Mike Veldman »

I suspect, if you read the FAQs and ask your questions in the correct forum, someone will try to help you.

mike
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

Yes, you can get a lot of help here, as well as other places. I've been trying to get a physics/fusor circle going on google+ - the video chat is really nice and much higher "information rate" than just typing can ever be - you can hold things up for the camera for example, and get real time feedback and questions answered. The downside is of course that unless you record it on youtube (which is easy but most don't bother) then the Q&A isn't available for later people it would help, like it is on this site and my own.
However, I'm at least half convinced that getting the simpler stuff out of the way there keeps the information density here higher than otherwise - you then use this text media to report verified results, (very handy for the community at large) rather than just gab. Each has its place in the scheme of things.

I'm on there most days and use my real name there, if you want to ring me up.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
preston

Post by preston »

Thanks for the replies, ive read most of the faq's , and i'll see about setting up a google+ account
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

When you get a G+ account (and a webcam), here's my profile. Anyone on this board is welcome to ring me up. I'm mostly sitting here bored during the day, watching the markets (east coast US time).
At night I hang out a fair amount as well.

https://plus.google.com/118269538514558 ... osts/p/pub
Why guess when you can know? Measure!

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”