Aneutronic fusion questions...

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Spencer DePue

Re: Aneutronic fusion questions...

Post by Spencer DePue »

I've got an idea that could possibly work. (correct me if I'm wrong) If I get ten 8 volt batteries with 15 amps a piece, put them in parallel so the amps would become 150 amps and the volts would remain 8 volts, then connect them to 10 piezoelectric transformers which are rated for 10 KV output per transformer, and put those units in series, would I have 100000 volts and .12 amps given that the transformer step down/ step up ratio is 1:1250 / 1250:1?

1. Would the amps be sufficient for any form of fusion?

2.Would the volts be sufficient for any form of fusion?

here is a diagram.
Attachments
circuit diagram.png
circuit diagram.png (6.12 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Spencer DePue

Post by Spencer DePue »

woops.. thats diagram is the non-updated one here is the updated one..
Attachments
circuit diagram_a.png
circuit diagram_a.png (5.81 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

U of W folks also used 0.001" of lead in between the detector and the hot, cruel world of the fusor, which goes a long way towards keeping the bad stuff out (electrons, mainly, but other ionic rabble as well). As has been mentioned earlier, a drift tube with some magnets will also help. However, if U. of W. can operate their nasty multi-kilowatt fusor with a 0.001" lead shield to protect their detector, our more modest efforts should do ok.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

You are not even close. May I suggest that you read up on some jr high intro to electricity before posting again. You are not even close to a circuit that could provide ANY usable power for a demo fusor let alone a neutron producing fusor. Just the word boron beyond that is simply absurd and laughable. Get a grip before posting again.

Frank Sanns
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Spencer:

I would appreciate some better organization in this thread. We began with your mention of an ambitious pyroelectric fusor concept, now you're talking about piezoelectric transformers (entirely different technology, and at this level of specificity needs to move to an independent thread in the High Voltage forum).

I think you should go post a thread on piezoelectric transformers over there. It is a novel direction in the fusor world, and it is interesting. While you are considering what to post in the HV forum about your interest in this subject, consider two things: (1) do piezoelectric transformers run on DC battery power? and (2) if you were going to do experiments on piezo transformers, where would you start? I doubt all this banter and wishful thinking about kilowatts of power and ganging up a bunch of car batteries is sufficiently grounded in reality to be helpful. Are you making appropriate use of Google and of literature searches...?

Thanks,
Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

The responses so far seem rather harsh,

The piezo transformers idea has a little merit worth another peek at.

The piezo transformers as part of a pre-made assembly for ccfl or whatever will run off DC

If each is set up with a CW multiplier and a battery you could stack these in series to get 100kv
but you would need good isolation between batteries / CCFL assemblies.

Another problem is how do you turn them on which would require opto isolation because if you turn on the top one, its battery sits at 90kv.

In any case you would be very limited in current so would be better for a linear accelerator perhaps.
Steve.
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

Hi Richard - how else to do it on a realistic scale? - The problem is the same - how to detect the reaction?

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”