New idea for making a grid

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Doug Coulter

Re: New idea for making a grid

Post by Doug Coulter »

All of which disclaimers mean something like "if you are in an insanely ligitigeous country like America, this gets us off quick when you try to sue us, we hope."

As a buyer of machine tools -- you'd not believe some of them I see. A lathe is a choking hazard, a welder might burn you, a hammer even may break things. It gets worse but I generally throw that stuff in the trash. Many users manuals (or whatever they are supposed to be, they are not useful for the stated purpose) have one page of use, and 20 pages of "don't blame us if you actually unpack this thing".

And some stuff is such crap, it's almost truth in advertising.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
David D Speck MD

Post by David D Speck MD »

On the topic of meaningless disclaimers, my local bank branch has a sign on the door that makes me chuckle every time I visit.

It reads something to the effect of "All customers are requested to remove hoods and sunglasses before entering the bank". Yeah, right -- like the robbers are all gonna be polite and remove their disguises before hitting the place!

Dave
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

As I'm a NRA lifer, and this is a small town, we had a fun discussion about that one at my local bank.
They are small enough to be more reason than policy oriented. and the upshot is, heck, they know who everyone is anyway, and are just fine if I am armed in the bank -- prefer it, actually, as does the local liquor store -- I have a lot of money there, what would I do, steal my own dough?

This guy,
http://www.schneier.com/

Runs one of the more intelligent forums around about security, and this came up there a couple years back. Go check the archives and go way back to get into some very interesting stuff. He's about the only right-side up dude in the security biz. Back when I consulted for what is now DHS, I made them buy his books, forgetting that I have to teach them to read, first.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”