Prototype demo fusor

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
fpg

Prototype demo fusor

Post by fpg »

I have made some tests today with my schools vacuum pump and I am now ready to make an extremely simple demo fuser in a bell jar. I will make a 15 cm in diameter (6") outer grid made from a steel net and a 2.6 cm in diameter (1") inner made from the same steel net. The system will be powered by one rectified neon transformer with about 15Kv and 30mA. I will only make some simple experiments with it to gain more knowledge so that I increase the scale and hopefully one lucky day make some real fusion.

I have noticed that almost everyone in the forum lives in the US. Unfortunately I live in sweden and many materials are very hard to get here. The shipping from the US often costs more than the pruduct itself! especially big things like a steel vacuum chamber. But if I would weld two steel fruit bowls together would that be enought to contain the high vacuum in a fusor?

I would appreciate comments and suggestions, thanks
Tyler Christensen
Site Admin

Re: Prototype demo fusor

Post by Tyler Christensen »

There have been many successful chambers made from non-standard materials, including someone who used stainless bowls. Search the forum for information on chambers, there is a wealth of information here.

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”