Australian Breakthrough Fusion (Duh, Chirp Lasers)

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
russssellcrow

Australian Breakthrough Fusion (Duh, Chirp Lasers)

Post by russssellcrow » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:48 am

I've been reading the boards for a while, and have been entranced by gunning and the sort. But, it appears that the Aussies have leapfrogged any tech we have presented. Their approach to Boron-11 Fusion is brilliant and seemingly immaculate. This begs for re-creation and augmentation.

We have a 1400 W CW Nd;YAG which I will propose to attempt to re-purpose to Chirp modification, for the use in Boron Fusion. Wish me luck, the Board of Directors can be recalcitrant.

https://e-catworld.com/2020/02/23/austr ... on-fusion/

Richard Hull

Re: Australian Breakthrough Fusion (Duh, Chirp Lasers)

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Putt-putt boat fusion again. As always, much ado with no physical embodiment or key data related to an assembled and tested device. Stuff missing like PRR, a total collected energy tally for the reaction and the actual returned, usable electrical energy output.

I know....Its new, it needs time to develop, It is still in the conceptual stage, it is a theoretical thing right now. You just wait and see!.....Yada-yada-yada.

With the lack of anything concrete and physically positive, all I have are negatives. It isn't real now, has no physical embodiment and no electrical output even if fully tested. Of that I am positive.

In the end, it is another announced fusion wonderment. I have put it on my shelf of fabulous fusion ideas and concepts in the shelf-section marked P-B11.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

ian_krase

Post by ian_krase » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:32 pm

I think there are much better things to do with IC pulsed fusion than generate electricity.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:34 am

I agree with Ian.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.