Post HEAS superlative fusor V runs - The report

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Richard Hull

Post HEAS superlative fusor V runs - The report

Post by Richard Hull »

I have sufficiently decompressed following last weekend's event and have reduced the data for the best three runs during the event. The best three runs strained my supply voltage limits at 46kev but no where near my current limit of 30ma. With these limitations, it was all about D2 pressure. I will include the run data as in the previous warmup post, prior to the event. I will also attach, in order, the Rhodium decay activation graphs. All count CPM data reported is that accumulated on the 3He counter over the last one minute of operation, (max counts/min). This typically is used to figure max TIER.

Run #1....10/1/21 ~10PM.....46 kv........11ma.....12 microns.....114,686CPM......561,961TIER
Run #2....10/2/21 ~3PM......45............13........13................152,048...........760,210
Run #3....10/2/21 ~11PM.....45............16........14.5.............163,233...........816,315

Rhodium activation graphs below Best first 5 second count equaled almost 2000 cpm peak activation level which is approx. 53X background.
It will be noted that the 3rd graph's TIER was higher, but the peak activation number on its graph is lower than the 2nd graph with a lower TIER number. I can elaborate in a reply why this is so, but only if asked to do so.

Richard Hull
Attachments
RhodiumActivation10-1-21.JPG
RhodiumActivation10-2-21.JPG
RhodiumActivation10-2-21MOD.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jim Kovalchick

Re: Post HEAS superlative fusor V runs - The report

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

Richard,
I finally got around to calculating what my PNC-1 said about your 3 pm run. Based on 15 cm from the grid, your fusor was running steady at its high point around 900k neutrons per minute with peaks as high as 1.2 M per minute.

I tend to trust your correlation to Bob Reite's rem ball more, but really for an instrument that is more than 50 years old, the number is not too far off.

Jim K

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”