Fusor 2020

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Richard Hull

Re: Fusor 2020

Post by Richard Hull »

"Let the experiment be done" Benjamin Franklin

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Jim, definitely going small. The furnace will only host a maximum size of 15x40mm. I’ll be using 0.203mm sheet and each target will probably be 15mm sq, possibly smaller. Installation will utilize a simple slide-in low profile aluminum sleeve (or similar).

First run will probably utilize a single target. If it works, one would be sufficient to identify any positive results.

Mark Rowley
Tonya Fisher

Post by Tonya Fisher »

Hello, I'm thinking about making fusor at home like a student project, so could you help me a littleฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Could you tell what hight-voltage environment you used and send a paper plan of the fuser. And how do you regularl gas pressure? Sorry for stupid questions (they can be for professional) and my English (it's yep not the second my language). Best wishes, Tonya
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Tonya, you did an intro and have followed all the rules. But its best to create your own thread to ask such a question and not use someone else's topic thread for that purpose. Also, read the FAQ's before asking questions since most answers are to be found there.
Tonya Fisher

Post by Tonya Fisher »

Oh, I did that before reading FAQ. I m sorry I haven't read the rules that time. So, now I have basic information about fusors. Thank you

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”