Examine the possibility of Uranium fission causing Sun light

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
raomap

Examine the possibility of Uranium fission causing Sun light

Post by raomap »

Please peruse the subject matter in the following paper published :

UV dominant optical emission newly detected from radioisotopes and XRF sources,
Author: M A Padmanabha Rao
Brazilian Journal of Physics, vol. 40, no. 1, March 2010,
http://www.sbfisica.org.br/bjp/files/v40_38.pdf

Please examine the following possibilities mentioned in the paper:
Sun light may be due to Uranium fission (may not be due to fusion)!!!

“Moreover, presence of activation products such as 56-Co, and 24-Na in solar flare
[ References 29-32] and presence of 7-Be in open air after a strong solar wind
[ Reference 33] need to be critically examined to see whether any possibility exists for Uranium fission in Sun”.

Defined what could be the puzzling Dark matter:

Page 45: “If fission truly happens, the fission fragments left over at the site of fission might constitute dark matter [Reference 3].

Defined that the puzzling Dark radiation could be the Bharat radiation:.

In the context of solar flare, the predicted Bharat radiation causing UV dominant optical radiation from radioisotopes and XRF sources by valence excitation seemed to be the familiar dark radiation from cosmic sources [Reference 3].

Page 45: “As in the case of the current study, the γ-, X-, or β radiation emissions from radioisotopes formed by fission reaction in Sun cause two more generation of emissions: the predicted dark radiation, which is the same as Bharat radiation followed by EUV”.
Chris Bradley

Re: Examine the possibility of Uranium fission causing Sun light

Post by Chris Bradley »

I see no reason to doubt the technical measurements in the paper, and I am sure obtaining them represents a good deal of skill in their collection and are of archival value.

However, I beg to ask "what is the surprise?". It is known that our solar system has been formed from previous novas so it is certain that some heat from the sun is from fissionable substances.

I do not understand the link claimed with "dark matter". Do you mean matter that is less bright than its surroundings, or are you appealing to some esoteric-unknowability to find a cult following for your speculation? If the latter then you're surely in the wrong place.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your post/paper.
raomap

Post by raomap »

Reply to Chris Bradley

New Delhi 110018
22 March 2010

You said "It is certain that some heat from the sun is from fissionable substances".

1. I have gone through literature on Solar physics. I did not find any references clearly stating that the heat from the sun is from fissionable substances. If you are aware of any, please let me know.
2. The previously unknown Atomic Phenomenon illustrated in Fig.6 (Brazilian Journal of Physics, March 2010) explains how the UV, VIS, NIR radiations including heat arise from radioisotopes and X-ray sources.

3. If possibility exists for Sun light is due to Uranium fission, I have indicated that the fission fragments could possibly be the dark matter. The radiation arising from dark matter with wavelengths in between X-ray and optical spectra (Bharat radiation) cannot be well detected with the currently available sensors like photomultiplier tubes, as mentioned in the paper in Fig.5. It might be the reason why it is known as dark matter.

This paper provides a chance to examine all these possibilities.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

Chris Bradley wrote:
> I see no reason to doubt the technical measurements in the paper, and I am sure obtaining them represents a good deal of skill in their collection and are of archival value.
>
> However, I beg to ask "what is the surprise?". It is known that our solar system has been formed from previous novas so it is certain that some heat from the sun is from fissionable substances.
>
> I do not understand the link claimed with "dark matter". Do you mean matter that is less bright than its surroundings, or are you appealing to some esoteric-unknowability to find a cult following for your speculation? If the latter then you're surely in the wrong place.
>
> Please let me know if I have misunderstood your post/paper.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Dr. Rao:

I think the discussion of this paper, and your speculations about the sun, belong on a different forum rather than this one. I suggest:

http://www.bautforum.com/against-mainstream/

The above is a respectable public forum, visited by professional physicists and astrophysicists, that has a scope encompassing your subject matter as well as the careful moderation needed to keep speculative theoretical discussions focused and respectful. Fusor.net is poorly suited for this kind of traffic and is not a place where speculative, non-fusion discussions are tolerated for long (especially if they land in the Fusion History forum).

When you last posted here five years ago, I pointed out that your experiment does not control for light from ionized air and other stimuli of the PMT for mundane reasons other than "Bharat radation" (your invented nomenclature). It's an unreliable methodology followed by sweeping and thoroughly unsupportable conclusions. That remains my critique today. So much for my opinion then.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
raomap

Post by raomap »

Reply to Carl Willis

Since my research work is already published in a peer reviewed journal (Brazilian Journal of Physics, March 2010), I have realized that there is no use of discussion in any forum on the subject matter. Therefore, let us close further discussions on my post.
M.A.Padmanabha Rao.

Carl Willis wrote:
> Dr. Rao:
>
> I think the discussion of this paper, and your speculations about the sun, belong on a different forum rather than this one. I suggest:
>
> http://www.bautforum.com/against-mainstream/
>
> The above is a respectable public forum, visited by professional physicists and astrophysicists, that has a scope encompassing your subject matter as well as the careful moderation needed to keep speculative theoretical discussions focused and respectful. Fusor.net is poorly suited for this kind of traffic and is not a place where speculative, non-fusion discussions are tolerated for long (especially if they land in the Fusion History forum).
>
> When you last posted here five years ago, I pointed out that your experiment does not control for light from ionized air and other stimuli of the PMT for mundane reasons other than "Bharat radation" (your invented nomenclature). It's an unreliable methodology followed by sweeping and thoroughly unsupportable conclusions. That remains my critique today. So much for my opinion then.
>
> -Carl
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

>I have realized that there is no use of discussion in any forum on the subject matter.

In other words, in the scant forty-five minutes since your last reply here, you have decided that you've just been wasting our time and your own all along.

Good riddance.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

It is difficult to tell if you are misunderstanding some fundamentals here.

The light from the sun is due to the outer gases being incandescent from the heat within. It would be quite impossible to tell therefore, as a matter of fact, if the light from the sun is due to fusion, or due to little green men inside buring coal, from the light itself. (Actually there are some techniques to peer into the centre of the sun, and fusion models all work out perfectly fine and there is no reason to doubt it.)

So as there is a certain abundance of fissionable elements, then obviously there will be some quantity within the sun that formed from interstellar dust, and this fissionable material will generate heat - in exactly the same way that the earth stays hot.

The specific heat from the fusion core of the sun is around a microwatt per cc, so on the solar scale any fissionable material may or may not contribute significantly to the overall heating. That heat works its way to the solar surface over many thousands of years by an irradiation-reradiation process. It seems entirely certain to me, therefore, that you will see spectra of all interstellar elements within the sun's light, therefore, and no way to tell directly from that light [alone] of the driving heat source of it.

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”