Sonofusion?

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
Richard Hull

Sonofusion?

Post by Richard Hull »

An article is out regarding the Russians verifying that the old Sonoluminesence is now Sonofusion. They are claiming that this is true fusion in a jar. The article is on every news agency as of 8AM this morning.

This concept was advanced over 10 years ago and a lot of folks looked at it to varying degrees.

I actually did some sonofusion experiments, but the instrumentation was just too complicated to setup. Noise abounds in Sonofusion.

I had been working with water arc explosions at the time and felt that this might have promise, but so many others were investigating the issue with lukewarm results, I just felt I would wait and see what happened. Of course, nothing ever developed and the issue was sort of officially dropped, relegating sonoluminescence to a scientific curiousity.

Confinemnt and density here are good, but the classic fusion temps were announced to be two to three orders of magnitude below that which would induce fusion.

I guess we will have to keep our ears to the ground on this one. I notice that just like cold fusion, the issue is already polarizing as about half of the experts have already poo-poo'd the idea. Smart money would keep an open mind and triple check the Russians results.

Check the Links and Theory forums for numerous URLs related to this breaking news including various papers, replication attempts and news articles.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”