21st century shelter Solar a/c

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
3l

Re: 21st century shelter Solar a/c

Post by 3l »

Hi Frank:

They only know the name but no details:
I kept my word on that.
I will not discuss any aspect you told me in confidence.
My only aim was to pass the patent process aspect only.
I slipped on the name ... my humble appologies.
It has been rectified.

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi Ag:

To ship Prilled Amonium nitrate for blasting the Dupont company uses wax to Stabilize the salt. Though it's like rocket fuel and will burn like crazy but it won't blow! That's important when you ship tons in rail cars to mine coal seams or limestone it must stand 110 degree heat with out crystalizing and blowing. Wax and other inhibiters prevent that from happening during a mid summer load or during a derail with fire.
Soggy ammonium nitrate won't blow either. Just never boil it totally dry. Military folks using AMPHO hate wet Ammonium nitrate! The oil won't pentrate the grain just float on top... Yielding a pop rather than a bang! Estes rockets use Ammonium nitrate as fuel ...
how to dispose of a live engine ..... soak it in water!
Richard (Hull) you handled explosives during Vietnam did I get it right?

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech
AnGuy

Post by AnGuy »

>Soggy ammonium nitrate won't blow either. Just never boil it totally dry.

Right, but my concern would be what if it dries out in the evaporator. I think that if it was to recrystallize from a solution it would separate from the stabilizers, and become highly sensitive. I can't say that would occur for certain but I suspect its a risk.

I was thinking that a steam powered compressor could be used for cooling. How about a steam engine with a a generator head on one end of the drive shaft and compress on the other. Clutches could be used to direct the output power to either the generator head or the compressor. No matter if the sun is shining, or its a muggy overcast day, you'll still be cool with steam!

FWIW, I am currently researching PIC microcontrollers (http://www.microchip.com) to be used various monitoring and controls. They're cheap, very low power and the newer generations have a decent memory and clock performance. These could be used as controllers for all sorts of Heating/cooling systems.

In addition, the cost of manufacturing PCBs has dramaticly fallen. There are now dozens of shops that will produce low volume PCBs for the budget minded.
3l

Post by 3l »

Hi AG:

The 19th century fix is a float valve in the tank.
Have a liquid heating loop with that valve controlling it.
under the surface of the cooling tank the valve is open but when the float is allowed to move into the closed position... that means the water is low enough for the valve float to be at level the valve closes...Ie ammonium level with a few inches of water but no more!

Happy Fusoring!
Larry Leins
Fusor Tech

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”