New power source

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.

New power source

Post by guest »

I have found a new power system that I can integrate the fusor with as a high power ion emitter. Has anyone heard of Black Light Power Inc.? They have invented a new type of power plant, rather small, but can be scaled up. I was wondering if any one has any additional information such as a diagram of the system. It extracts the hydrogen from water and it breaks the molecular bond from a hydrogen molecule and what is left is atomic hydrogen. If you would like to visit the site its http://www.blacklightpower.com/process.shtml
Richard Hull

Re: New power source

Post by Richard Hull »

I am familiar with Mill's and his hydrino theory. I was a member of the discussion group around it for about 1 year, but gave up when nothing was actually presented for market, coupled with the failure of a key replication test performed by fellow fusioneer Scott Little of this list who works at Earth-tech. See his results

http://www.earthtech.org

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
SithUK

Post by SithUK »

Are you proposing to create electricity directly from a Fusor created plasma in similar fashion to BlackLight i.e. A Magnetohydrodynamic convertor?

Please forgive a newbie if his questions are convered elsewhere! I have been immersing myself in Fusor theory/experimental data/construction over the past week and I have yet to find any information detailing the energy conversion process by which electricty would be produced....?

Thanks,

SithUK
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Regarding direct electrical energy extraction from a fusor:

Others can perhaps add a lot more detail, but simply put... the fusor would produce mostly neutrons, whose kinetic energy is converted to low grade heat, much the way a regular fission reactor works.

For direct electrical energy extraction, the energy of the charged species from the fusion reaction would have to captured by a braking potential. This has posed a problem for a practical system in the past, and probably is still a technical challenge, besides the fact that it is only a portion of the total energy of the fusion reaction.

Dave Cooper

Post by guest »

look under the temp newbie center under general topics.
goto the Tom Ligon analog article site.
It is under Boron fusion production.

Larry Leins
Physics Teacher
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The p-B11/alpha reaction is an ancient holy grail of fusion and the center stage item of direct conversion schemes.

The alphas induce little or no radioactivity as neutrons do plus, they can't penetrate the thinest of chamber walls. They carry a nice fat charge of +2 and have energies exceeding 3 mev or more. Decellerating them against a series of grids and extracting the electrical energy directly has always been a fusioneer's dream.

We are as close to doing p-B11 fusion today as we were in 1958.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”