A theoretical discussion based on data re. fusor conditioning fusion

This area is for ADVANCED theory and discussions only. If you just joined fusor.net, chances are this is NOT the area for you to be posting.
Roberto Ferrari

Re: A theoretical discussion based on data re. fusor conditioning fusion

Post by Roberto Ferrari »

Seems to me that your observation is right.
Will wait for your analysis.
Richard Hull

Re: A theoretical discussion based on data re. fusor conditioning fusion

Post by Richard Hull »

Dan, I agree with your assessment of the situation regarding red to orange hot inner grid shedding or expulsion of deuterium atoms as fast as they are buried. In all the literature I have read related to hydrogen in metals, heating tends to drive the hydrogen from the metal. While the wall or shell of a running, fusing fusor heat to near the boiling point of water, this is a huge surface area compared to the grid surface area which is glowing a bright orange heat.

Way back, Carl Willis silver soldered a coiled copper water cooling tube to his fusor halves and noted a significant increase in fusion. We had not noted the possibility of wall loaded deuterium at that time.

The cold fusion people got vast and incredible loadings in the most ideal hydrogen absorptive metals via the slow and gentle electro-chemical processes.

The fusor is very violent in and around the grid for sure. However the wall will only see slow speed, medium speed and high speed neutrals for the vast majority of deuterium loading possibilities. It is the electrons that heat the wall or shell and it is those electrons which most likely ionize the deuterium loading popping out a deuteron at the ideal location, (the wall or shell), to undergo the maximum acceleratory possibility in the fusor reactor vessel.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Advanced Technical Discussion Area”