Story of the drum beating garbage man

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull

Story of the drum beating garbage man

Post by Richard Hull »

I beat the drum and take out the garbage and that's it.

I have been here since the beginning of it all. I do not own this site nor did I create it. If you have issues with the site, contact Frank Sanns or the Perfesser, Paul Schatzkin.
I was the first to do amateur fusion here back in 1999. I still do fusion.

I beat the bass drum. It is the loudest of all the boys in the band, but is easy to play and produces but one constantly droning note. It keeps the beat and never stops in the march to fusion for all who would be in this marching band. As such, it is onward and upward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBU9A8LVIsU

Many of the boys in the band play difficult and multi-note instruments to make the real music that makes the base drum just a background item. To the base drummer this is just fine as many of the best players of real instruments often leave to greener pastures. They get so good, they move on. Oh sure, a few stick because they like being in this particular band and forever enhance their playing effort with grace an pride in the complication of their instrument. I just keep the beat going here at fusor.net. Nothing much spectacular or new from me.

I am also the garbage man. Cleaning up the occasional garbage post here and there on the property. Most of the time it is garbage thrown from a moving car that just pitches its garbage out of the window at the edge of the property here. It is an easy job. That car will never drive by again, most likely. Still, it is a busy road we are located on with a number of thoughtless drivers. Fortunately many on this property direct me to garbage I might not catch. I am thankful and go about my work.

I am retired now and have time for many hobbies alluded to in my personal history located at.... viewtopic.php?f=67&t=13211
As such, I continue to just beat the drum and take out the garbage. I don't shine as brightly as some of the best of the boys in the band, but am still in the band doing my bit while getting on with life and interests outside of band activities.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Finn Hammer

Re: Story of the drum beating garbage man

Post by Finn Hammer »

Richard,
Perhaps it is due to my lack of proficiency in the english language, but did you just strike a blues note there?

Let me tell you, to me you are very much the drummer and the bass player, keeping the time and the foundation solid and musical.
You are appreciated, don't ever doubt that.
I just finished reading the epic "attic" series and what a good read it was. I didn't realize the complication of the ITT fusors, neither the voltages applied and the neutron flux numbers acheived. Looks like us amateurs have a long way to go still, but then also without Tritium.
You beat the drum and take out the garbage, yes, but you also do so many other very valuable things.
Way back in 2001, I think, I saw the picture of you and the nuclear reactor you had in the garage. I was heavily into tesla coils at the time, and I thought: That is beyond me, I will never go that far in engineering and science. Now I have a fine functioning fusor, built according to the recipy published on this list, had it not been for you, it would not have happened.
And I may, I repeat may just get a small glimpse of what nuclear science is about.

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Richard Hull

Re: Story of the drum beating garbage man

Post by Richard Hull »

Finn, Absorption is what it is all about. You have both absorbed and contributed all along your path here. That is much appreciated by everyone who reads your postings.

I have lived a great life and being on fusor.net, I have taught and supported many others, I have also learned and absorbed from others. The learning I have obtained over the years and the application of it has been my reward. Many arrive here and teach both me and others, still, to this day. I remain a sponge for knowledge via reading, seeing, doing, and listening to others. Thanks for the kind words.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”