Top Posters on the Forum

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Top Posters on the Forum

Post by Frank Sanns »

In another post, Richard Hull has announced that he is closing in on 13,000 posts on the forum. I did not want detract from his personal achievement thread but it peaked my curiosity of how that stacks up with other people posting.

Well, here is the 1,000 post and over club. It is actually the 7xx and over club as nobody else is close to 1,000 posts.

So here is the break down of top posters as of 21 April 2021.
    Richard Hull 12,934
      Chris Bradley 2,930
        Carl Willis 2,841
          Dave Cooper 2,346
            Dennis P Brown 2,116
              Steven Sesslemann 2,111
                3L 1,866
                  Frank Sanns 1,766
                    John Futter 1,722
                      Star Fire (John Hendron) 1,482
                        Richard Hester 1,458
                          John Rosenstiel 1,440
                            Rich Feldman 1,360
                              Adam Szendrey 1,333
                                Doug Coulter 1,312

As for the longest duration of continuous posts Richard comes out again with Jon Rosenstiel and myself coming in second and third place respectively. Originally I had another account that started at the beginning of this forum but I have relegated all posts to this account that was started in June of 2002. Many people may not know but we could post as guests without even signing in during the first year or so of this particular forum.
                                Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
                                We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
                                Jim Kovalchick

Re: Top Posters on the Forum

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

What ever became of Chris Bradley?
                                Frank Sanns
                                Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

Chris is about to post.

Starfire is deceased and 3l incapacitated.
                                We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
                                Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Great to see the posting numbers of past posters. Thanks Frank! This is a great compilation.

Dennis Brown, still a regular poster, is way high in posts and towers over many/most all others still here. Great work Dennis! Among those folks that have thousands of posts, but are no longer here, are Dave Cooper and Richard Hester. They are both in the premiere class and terribly missed due to the top flight content and contributions. They made all two past fusor sites, and this current one really shine. Basically, if you have hit the kilo post level you are valued beyond words, especially if you are still a regular.

Carl Willis, regardless of his post numbers, probably contributed more valuable content per unit post than any entity on this entire effort, regardless of all the above noted heroes and post numbers. PERIOD! I learned more from reading his posts and interacting with him physically over the years than I could have ever learned via study or doing or reading. Sadly, Carl is a very busy man now with a family and kids and a real job pressing on him and like many of the afore mentioned no longer posting heroes, has moved on in his life. I still call Carl from time to time. He is too valuable to slip away when information is needed.

If Dave Cooper or Richard Hester read this post, please sign on for a moment and let us know how it goes.

Richard Hull
                                Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
                                Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
                                The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
                                Frank Sanns
                                Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

I think we lost these two when we had the destructive onslaught of kids and endless trivial questions. It came after the media coverage of a few teens that made Fusor.

The noise on this site diluted the content in the technical forums so much that quality work was buried with hours or days. It was bad.

I think the FAQs, the current structure of the forum, and the policing by other members is all that saved us. Perhaps if the past significant contributors could see the site now, they may become active again.
                                Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Yes, media coverage is always a double edged sword. It typically sweeps up quite a flood of newbies. Almost none ever do anything, but there are usually a few true gems to be found that work towards the goal of fusion, and who are true amateur scientists delving into the true physics of fusion. Now that we have been around on the internet from 24 years, enough "bots" and even "wiki" and other internet article mentions are made of our activity. A slow but continuous parade of newbies now naturally appear. Most time, they are here out of curiosity.

Our top posters and contributors now are but a small fraction of Frank's fine listing above. As I write this, most of our current, valuable and contributing posters have not posted long enough to be on the list, but their quality posts make them shine with a brilliance far outside of their posting numbers.

As Thanksgiving approaches, I wish to give my thanks to Paul Schatzkin for creating this venue, Frank Sanns for his efforts over the years in keeping the site functional and ever expanding. Frank has continued to seed fusor.net with new and enriching forum titles that have allowed for more information and discussion on amateur fusion and the processes involved to be covered. I also wish to thank the increased number of "senior members" added in the last couple of years who assist in keeping the site smoothly flowing and assisting newbies.

This remains one of the finest sites on the internet for those interested in learning about the ins-and-outs of amateur fusion and about fusion physics at a deeper level far beyond that understood by the lay person.

Richard Hull
                                Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
                                Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
                                The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”