Coronavirus pandemic

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Dennis P Brown » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:54 pm

The Washington Post has a very interesting article on the how and why many people, and of late, far more people, get very mild or no symptoms from Covid. This is worth using your free article on just for the sum of information. But to summarize, past flu's might be making people partly immue due to memory T-cells. Also, a researcher speculates that masks reduce the virual load allowing people who wear masks but get exposed to the virus, to give their immjue system a head start and keep the illness in check. Before masks, 15% were asymptomatic, but after masks were widly used, this increased to 40%!

In any case, wearing a mask is your absoult best defense so please do this - the life you save might be your own!

See: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... Fstory-ans

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:20 am

The death rate for Covid-19 apparently is a lot higher than what the CDC is giving:

The New York Times@nytimes
The number of U.S. residents who have died since March is now more than 200,000 higher than it would be in a normal year. This suggests that the official death counts may be substantially underestimating the overall effects of the coronavirus. Sorry the times did not bother to add a vertical axis
Attachments
47QJQZpj.png
Death rates compared between current and last year; huge difference and well above the 156 K
47QJQZpj.png (8.77 KiB) Viewed 1189 times

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Many recent deaths in deep south due to warm weather beach gross over crowding, Rest homes, nursing homes, retirement homes, etc. 62% of our area deaths confined to old folks homes. They dare not try to tally the non-socially distanced protesters/rioters on a national basis. Many such folks are not even state residents and carry it back to their states or if asymptomatic, carry it to older people. It all adds to the wonderful mix of carriers. A wonderful and shining moment in our history.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Virginia is nose diving rapidly into good territory to a 6.2% positivity rate now that northern Virginia and the VA beach area were singled out and sent back a stage. Beach goers and jet set beltway jam packed folks really sent us soaring in June, as a state. Seems the percentage goes down each day even with increased testing. Looking forward to HEAS in October. I am amazed at the percentage of folks saying if a vaccine is produced thy will not get it! Most of these folks also never get the flu vaccine. Being retired and on medicare, it is all free to me each year. Typically in the November time frame is when I get poked in the arm.

Richard
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

russssellcrow

Post by russssellcrow » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:32 am

There is a lot of doubt, with few solutions to this problem. Solutions exist, but the politics and media don't want to stop this just yet.

It has been known for decades that Zinc slows viral replication. Like Amox or Zpak for bacteria, Zinc is a broad spectrum anti-viral. Ionophores change polarization at the cell wall, and allow far more Zinc+2 ions to enter cells. Once inside, Zinc essentially shuts down the "hack" that most viruses use to commandeer cells to replicate more virus (RBRC).

Covid-19 has a medium incubation time in humans of 4-5 days, this is when symptoms appear. By Day 11, the virus has either turned, or gotten worse.

With Ionophores, it is critical to begin treatment when symptoms first appear (Day 4 or 5). Ionophores enhance Zinc loading, and preclude viral replication. After Covid-19 has replicated 1 billion copies inside a human, it is a very bad time to start therapy (Day 12).

There are several Ionophores for Zinc:
1) Hydroxychloroquine 200mg (HCQ) is the most effective, with the longest half-life (appr 2.5 weeks)
2) EGCG the green tea extract, is 50% as effective Ionophone as HCQ. I suggest the Decaf, as each 400mg pill is about 8 cups of tea. The caffeinated version will rock you like Red Bull.
3) Quercetin is about 20% as effective as HCQ.

The Prophylaxis dosage suggested by Dr. Simone Gold is HCQ 200mg @ 2/week, Zinc Citrate 30 mg/day.
EGCG prophylaxis is suggested at 400mg/day, Zinc Citrate 30mg/day.

Stay alive!

John Futter

Post by John Futter » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:32 am

Russell
I do not doubt your intentions
but
Hydroxychloroquine
has some nasty side effects and according to martindale (deafness in children , heart complications in 10 -120 % of users to name a few) and is no longer used for malaria due to side effects and malaria getting used to quinones and not working
an extensive study at the outbreak of Covid 19 in Britain of infected showed no effect of using Hydroxychloroquine over placebo
I trust what WHO has to say, Martindale the go to drug book, and learned trials that show otherwise unless some are listening to the president of the USA!!!

Dan Knapp

Post by Dan Knapp » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:02 am

Best way to stay alive is to not take unproven remedies. I think the moderators need to initiate a new rule that the site not be used to promote any medical treatments.

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:32 am

Absoultely agree with Dan; using proven facts is called science. That is we reference papers and articles supported by peer reviewed data. Anything else is not science nor appropriate for a science based forum.

That all said, yes, it is possible (like the recent 'plasma' (antibody) treatment) that ideas based on previous techniques for other virus's that appear to work can and are used by the medical community (their 'gold standard' proof can, at times, be immoral so not always the best approch). Posting these with the caveat that it isn't proven but shows promise, while borderline for proven science, is not out of the ordinary since there is supporting data for the approch.

Now that all said - giving medical advice while not a physican isn't a good idea in general but for over-the-counter meds is often done by laymen. Giving instructions on using a medicine that is both dangerous and 'out side' its proven use is, frankly, highly unethical. I would suggest you delete that part of your text.
Last edited by Dennis P Brown on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Kovalchick

Post by Jim Kovalchick » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:35 am

Really sad that Hydroxychloroquine has been politicized and demonized. In some countries it is over the counter. I took it for a couple years. It helped me and I have no ill effects. MANY trusted medicines are much worse for you.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:43 am

Me, I'm not paying attention to anyone. Everyone has their own or someone else's take on this. Me, I'm just livin' th' good life and havin' a blast. I wear a mask when among the unwashed. I'm just enjoying the warm sunshine and pool time and grilling out with a few close friends.

I'm not droppin' a tab of anything beyond my daily kids chewable vitamins. Don't smoke and don't drink. It's actually instructive to watch th' folks freak out in their many and varying degrees. I wonder how the world survived in 1918. They probably just sucked it up and went about their lives. Remember, they weren't sophisticated and aware, like we are, today.

Richard Hull